• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you have pegged for your 4 semi finalists?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You would dearly love to beat England once more, won't you ?
I just want to finish first so if it rains we win. Will have to beat two sides to win it. Doesn’t matter who, you have to do it. Would prefer it to be India in the final and a pizzling a la 03, rather than England and a closer win a la 87. Then again it could be Pakistan sneaking in and end up like the ‘99 final drubbing, or SL and a replay of 07 which would also be one sided. I think NZ are sort of fading, so we won’t get to repeat the 2015 paddling.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Interesting that all the contenders for the finals are the vanquished.... Except Bangladesh. Maybe it's their turn.

aussie tragic

International Captain
An India win over England tonight locks Aus, Ind and NZ as 3 of the top 4.

An England win makes NZ vs Eng game and Pak vs BD games epic deciders, almost like the quarter finals ;)

vcs

NZ will make it, Pakistan won't overtake their NRR and Bangladesh will most likely lose to India.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Neither Australia nor India have been tested by a tricky run chase. If and when they play again, the side batting first will win it IMO.
With Kohli around, there's always a chance. He's done well this tournament so far without really going big/huge (i.e. he hasn't dominated) so interesting to see what happens from here.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Agree that Kohli has been playing as well as ever. He is getting out in ways that are uncharacteristic though. But I expect a big one soon.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Interesting that all the contenders for the finals are the vanquished.... Except Bangladesh. Maybe it's their turn.
In 1979 WC, defeat against Pak knocked Aus out of the tournament. In 1992, defeats against NZ and Eng played a big part in them getting eliminated. In 1996 SL defeated them in finals where as India knocked them out in quarters in 2011. So yes, it is BD's turn to come to the party, possibly in the semis.

Burgey

Don’t be silly.

I’d be surprised if CA has even brought the WC over from Jolimont Street tbh. What’s the point when it’s just going back there in a fortnight anyway?

Athlai

Not Terrible
You know outside of a few early drubbings, the rain in the middle, and the totally awful timezone, this has been a hell of a world cup.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Blueprint to have India out of WC

(1) BD (9) thrashes India (11)
(2) Eng (12) beats NZ (11)
(3) winner of Pak v BD to go to 11 points
(4) SL thrashes India (11)

This means NZ, Ind and Pak/BD to all have 11 points with 3rd and 4th decided on NRR

Bye bye India, you lost me with Dhoni ;)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
An India win over England tonight locks Aus, Ind and NZ as 3 of the top 4.

An England win makes NZ vs Eng game and Pak vs BD games epic deciders, almost like the quarter finals ;)
Not really, if NZ were to be bowled out for 100 and england chase it down in 10 overs, and if Pakistan were to do the same to Bangladesh, NZ would still qualify on NRR.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm praying for

WI beat SL
NZ beat Eng
BD beat India
BD beat Pak

Rest of the results would be meaningless then as BD will have qualified for the Semis, alongside India NZ and Australia. England eliminated which would still be hilarious.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has a team ever won a WC copping 3 losses in the tournament?

Australia had 2 losses and a tie in '99, I assume no team has had worse than that

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan had 3 losses early in 1992 and a rainout. Hence why their win is so remarkable, Imran uniting a ragtag bunch of talented but inconsistent and ill-disciplined cricketers through sheer force of will

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Itd actually be a bit of a bummer if they string together 4 consecutive wins and miss out on the semis this time