• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you have pegged for your 4 semi finalists?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm tipping NZ, India, England and Australia to get there, in no order. I assume this will be a common prediction

WI impressed me so much in the recet ODI series but they still seem so unpredictable. If Gayle and Hetmyer come off who knows what kind of damage they can do but their bowling is weak.

Will probably beat India and lose to Afghanistan

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I still think South Africa will be competitive by virtue of having a very strong bowling attack. Almost the opposite situation to England, who are stacked for batting but have a fairly indifferent attack, especially with their quick bowling options

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia have come back into their own in the last 2 months. Have won last 8 matches on the trot vs India and Pakistan. They are looking very good now

It is England, India, Australia, NZ

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something feels off about England winning the cup. Woakes would have to massively step up like Zaheer/Starc for them to win. Literally all Works Cup winners had gun bowling attacks or at least their otherwise mediocre bowlers massively stepped up.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I support NZ but have a feeling they'll disappoint. Will be surprised if WI don't make the semi-finals

Burgey

Haven't pegged anyone tbh, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

As for the WC, I think England and India should make the semis pretty comfortably. Am iffy on Australia, but they won the last WC with a pretty crap side and seem to lift for it so they should get in, but it's not a given. I see NZ and WI competing with Aus for two spots, and can't honestly say we are more likely to grab one of them than the other two sides.

If Aus don't win it, a NZ-WI final would be awesome. If for nothing else than for the wailing from England and Indian supporters.

Jezroy

State Captain
Hmmm... my head tells me England and India will make it.

Then it's a bit of a guessing game. You'd have thought SAF and NZL a few weeks ago, but Australia have really turned up since then (or shown us that Pakistan are really up to F all, and that India do have their weakness)

SL - I reckon AFG and BAN have a better chance than them TBH. WIN may surprise out of the teams I expect to be in the bottom 4.

The order at the end of the round robin? I reckon you're looking

ENG
IND
AUS
NZ
SAF
PAK
WIN
AFG
BAN
SL

MrPrez

International Debutant
I reckon SA will make the semis - just to give us enough hope so that they can crush it with a choke.

Zinzan

India
England
Aust
SA or WI (for the 4th spot).

India to win, mainly due to England wading to the pressure of being home favourites. Also I'm not sure England have a plan B with the bat, if they do lose a few early on.

Surprised so many picking NZ in their top 4, they just don't have enough quality players for me. Since they decided to pick Southee (who we all know has been garbage in ODIs for nearly 5 years) & Henry (who's good for 3-4 overs with the new nut if it swings, only to then become the most hittable 135km straight dart bowler you could imagine with no decent variations), the writing is on the wall .. They have only two good bowlers in Boult (who's a little inconsistent) and Santner. I'd have been much happier with Milne and Kuggeleijn, than Southee and Henry., but hey what can you do Gavin.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon SA will make the semis - just to give us enough hope so that they can crush it with a choke.
I'd find this annoying, because if they did and just got thrashed because they weren't good enough, people would still call it a choke because South Africa, despite the fact that it'd actually be an over-achievement.

mr_mister

India
England
Aust
SA or WI (for the 4th spot).

India to win, mainly due to England wading to the pressure of being home favourites. Also I'm not sure England have a plan B with the bat, if they do lose a few early on.

Surprised so many picking NZ in their top 4, they just don't have enough quality players for me. Since they decided to pick Southee (who we all know has been garbage in ODIs for nearly 5 years) & Henry (who's good for 3-4 overs with the new nut if it swings, only to then become the most hittable 135km straight dart bowler you could imagine with no decent variations), the writing is on the wall .. They have only two good bowlers in Boult (who's a little inconsistent) and Santner. I'd have been much happier with Milne and Kuggeleijn, than Southee and Henry., but hey what can you do Gavin.
You don't think Ferguson can be a force?

mr_mister

If Ferguson doesn't get a game itl only be because Henry/Southee are winning games for the team. If they flop theyl get dropped.