• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Offical** Commentary complaints thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael 'good shape' Clarke could greatly improve his commentary by affixing a piece of gaffer tape over his gob.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasser Hussain continues his decline into commentary mediocrity. Been as sharp as it has monumental

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar's insights on playing conditions, strategies of the teams have been so so good to listen to. He is university of cricket. No wonder he was so good at what he did. Legend.

trundler

Tendulkar's insights on playing conditions, strategies of the teams have been so so good to listen to. He is university of cricket. No wonder he was so good at what he did. Legend.
That's not a complaint...

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could have Bill Lawry and all 15 of his nurses doing comms and I'd still be more interested in that, than in anything any of this schmucks and cosmopolitan commentators have to say.

smash84

The Tiger King
He has to be the worst captain ever for such a great player though. Not sure his university had any leadership courses on offer

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Often the best batsman in the team gets the captaincy by default. That really isn't always wise, Tendulkar a classic example

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He has to be the worst captain ever for such a great player though. Not sure his university had any leadership courses on offer
Chanderpaul was even worse on this measure. Even taking into consideration that he as probably only about 80% as good as Tendulkar as a batsman, he was about about 40% as good as a captain, and that's saying something because Tendulkar really sucked as a captain. Chanderpaul was an ATG in terms of bad captaincy; it was truly a sight to behold.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Chanderpaul also spent about a year averaging 30 with the bat while captain, after he gave up the captaincy he hit 2000 runs in two years at an average of 75.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Generally been fine with the commentary this WC but the 'banter' between the NZ & Oz comms today (esp Clarke & McCullum) has been pretty tedious.

Howe_zat

Audio File
One last complaint: This website.

It's worse than TMS, it's worse than Sky, it's worse than Twitter for ****'s sake.

I glanced through the match thread today and learned that every time England were smashing it, it's a terrible 400 par pitch with short boundaries. Every time India have gained back some control, England can't bat. No praise for either side, no observations. Not even jokes - the 'banter' isn't banter. It's just insults. They're different.

Every time I come back to this site during this tournament the match threads are consistently ful of sneering, whining, ignorant as **** posting and I'm just so, so tired of it. I've never felt like this about CW before.

Last edited:

vcs

You're right, posting standards haven't been good at all. It will be a shame if the News & Politics subforum posting style (animosity and sneering) spills over to the rest of the forum. The only thing that keeps me coming back here is that there are some posters I really like and look forward to reading their views.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Agree that there's not enough credit for either side. Some have decided England are hacks and thus them having a good period of batting against a perceived great bowling attack means said bowling attack are actually all frauds.

I probably shouldn't be getting involved in long arguments with Burgey about such things when it's just his brand. Probably stinks up the thread for everyone else.

Shri

Mr. Glass
One last complaint: This website.

It's worse than TMS, it's worse than Sky, it's worse than Twitter for ****'s sake.

I glanced through the match thread today and learned that every time England were smashing it, it's a terrible 400 par pitch with short boundaries. Every time India have gained back some control, England can't bat. No praise for either side, no observations. Not even jokes - the 'banter' isn't banter. It's just insults. They're different.

Every time I come back to this site during this tournament the match threads are consistently ful of sneering, whining, ignorant as **** posting and I'm just so, so tired of it. I've never felt like this about CW before.
yeah and when someone wants msd to open they get laughed at

terrible

wrongun

Banned
Is it just me or is Ganguly a bit of a miserable ****? Life and soul of any party, I’m sure.
He's still better than Tendulkar. Tendulkar was garbage. All he did was come in and talk about UNICEF and some generic bull**** and dipped. He sounds like my 70 year old maid.