• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn I got excited for a moment when I saw the covers off, but the outfield is damp

Meridio

International Regular
god dammit England. It's bad enough that your country is ****ing itself up, but must your crap weather drag the rest of the cricketing world down with it?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Been really looking forward to this and finally it's started. A few big questions I was pleased to see answered in the initial stage. In what formation would they deploy the pitch covers? How long would the umpires stand out in the elements before deciding to go inside? What font would they use for the scrolling rain message? Was a little nervous before it started but now it's a pleasure to see the groundsmen go about their business - this is the big day they've trained years for. Key battles to watch include some old tent pegs holding one corner of the covers down against a nasty westerly. Expecting a big performance from squeegee #3 which was recently serviced.

Hope this exciting production is not interrupted by any cricket.

slippy888

International Captain
Even if it means getting a 20 20 game in the ECB and icc need to start being flexible from now on during this tournament before it becomes one of the worst due to weather in sporting history.

Victor Ian

International Coach
How has this country of great engineers not put a roof over every ground to combat the misery of rain? You'd think these miserable bastards just don't want to be happy like the rest of the civilised world.

Sadly this rain is ruining a lot of games I was eager to see. This 10 team format could really work, in any other country than miseryland.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
This 10 team format could really work, in any other country than miseryland.
Read a piece which suggested that staging these tournaments in England really works given how multicultural the UK is. In the other countries, would the games not involving the host nation be as well attended? Aside from those involving India of course.

Flem274*

123/5
is june weather there analogous to december here? if yes, they should have held this in july/august and moved the irrelevant stuff like the ashes to the wet months

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I like the WC being held in Eng. It gives the matches a cozy, clubby feel instead of sterile Australian colosseums or ugly Indian grounds.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
Read a piece which suggested that staging these tournaments in England really works given how multicultural the UK is. In the other countries, would the games not involving the host nation be as well attended? Aside from those involving India of course.
These tournaments in England would be brilliant, so long as they would build a roof. Australia also has a large number of all nations here, but having 1000km between each ground is somewhat prohibitive.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why weren't as many games rained off in 99? In fact I can't recall if any of them did. India vs. England game had rain interruption, but was completed on the reserve day. This world cup is ruined a fair bit already :(