• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe I need to reassess that call, because early on here they’re as flat as any team I’ve seen since, well since Parra last year.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon they’ll beat Parra tonight.
We still stink, but the team at least appeared to give a ****. Some good defensive efforts. Parra weren't great opposition, but I'll take anything atm.

Cleary actually had a decent game, but really doesn't deserve to play Origin.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting selected for Origin 10 games into your NRL career has to be some sort of record.

Burgey

I think Cleary was going to miss if Reynolds hadn't been injured. Don't mind the NSW side I suppose. Very mobile pack.

Heard Walters on the radio this morning. Hunt is a lock to play nine apparently. He sounded very confident this year, emphasis on having a settled side rather than what went on game one last season. Will be interesting. Qld will be very hard to beat up there game one. If NSW manage it, they'll win the series easily imo.

Burgey

True that. Still got some good players coming through though. They'll grow another leg at Lang Park.

Worrying to hear how Inglis is traveling post-footy. Hope he comes out the other side all right.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Cleary was going to miss if Reynolds hadn't been injured. Don't mind the NSW side I suppose. Very mobile pack.

Heard Walters on the radio this morning. Hunt is a lock to play nine apparently. He sounded very confident this year, emphasis on having a settled side rather than what went on game one last season. Will be interesting. Qld will be very hard to beat up there game one. If NSW manage it, they'll win the series easily imo.
I certainly wouldn't have picked Cleary as my first choice. There's no way you could watch even one Penrith game this year and think "yep, those halves belong in Origin". Reckon he'll go better in a team that isn't obnoxiously terrible though.

It's crazy how bare QLD's hooking stocks got when Smith retired. Segeyaro disappeared, Granville lost his zip and McCulloch remained steadfastly average. They could do worse than Hunt there.

Burgey

Yeah I don't htink he will let them down. So long as he isn't playing in a position where he has to catch a kick off, he should be fine.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I heard a comparison made between DCE and Michael Clarke the other week - makes a bit of sense when you think about it.
Heh, that's not bad actually. Both more aloof and cerebral talents with divisive characters. Both were blooded very early and made an immediate impact. Both have baby faces which subtly skews opinions on them.

I'd say Clarke scaled comparatively higher heights in his field than DCE did though.

Burgey

So ****ing annoying. If Parra played that direct the past month and ran that hard they’d be sitting fourth.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Heh, that's not bad actually. Both more aloof and cerebral talents with divisive characters. Both were blooded very early and made an immediate impact. Both have baby faces which subtly skews opinions on them.

I'd say Clarke scaled comparatively higher heights in his field than DCE did though.
Also, Clarke would never have captained Australia whilst the likes of Langer, Hayden, Gilchrist were around - the same with DCE captaining Queensland with Smith, Slater, Thurston still playing.

Burgey

Am trying to imagine the hue and cry there would be across the media if an NRL player was facing charges of pinching an opponent and stomping arising out of the same game. There'd be demands for an 8-12 week spell. Be interested to see what Stratton gets.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Am trying to imagine the hue and cry there would be across the media if an NRL player was facing charges of pinching an opponent and stomping arising out of the same game. There'd be demands for an 8-12 week spell. Be interested to see what Stratton gets.
Pinching? Ffs what is this, pre school?

Said it before and I'll say it again. Those Mexicans are a strange bunch.

Burgey

Indeed they are.

Also, who is Daniel Saifiti? Genuinely not heard of the bloke, which I suppose shows that I really don't pay close attention to the game any more like I used to.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed they are.

Also, who is Daniel Saifiti? Genuinely not heard of the bloke, which I suppose shows that I really don't pay close attention to the game any more like I used to.
Newcastle prop. Good young player, would support him being picked as impact off the bench a la Haas, but not so much starting with a bench full of backrowers.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Credit where it's due for Fittler. I was sceptical about the changes but it's certainly worked out. The attitude has been great and while the biggest contribution has come from our stars the new guys have run and tackled hard. Graham is looking like an inspired selection.