• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

Dendarii

International Debutant
If QDK has a great world cup.... SA has a chance.
A lot of things have to go right for South Africa, but if they do then you never know. A bowling line-up of Steyn, Rabada, Tahir, and Ngidi is going to have teams in trouble more often than not; and in Amla, De Kock, Du Plessis, Duminy, and Miller they've got batsman with experience who if they fire can set imposing totals and comfortably chase down targets. The key words there are "if they fire", and South Africa's success at the tournament is going to depend on getting them to fire consistently.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
A lot of things have to go right for South Africa, but if they do then you never know. A bowling line-up of Steyn, Rabada, Tahir, and Ngidi is going to have teams in trouble more often than not; and in Amla, De Kock, Du Plessis, Duminy, and Miller they've got batsman with experience who if they fire can set imposing totals and comfortably chase down targets. The key words there are "if they fire", and South Africa's success at the tournament is going to depend on getting them to fire consistently.
Yes and no... I don't trust Duminy or Miller to do anything but bat out maybe 10-15 overs and hopefully score quickly. If they are given anymore than that then they are likely to fail. Amla and Faf need to try stabilise the top order and make sure that Duminy/Miller need not do anything more than the end job. But Amla and Faf are not likely to take the game away by scoring at a fast rate.

QDK however can do it all... he can bat through the innings and if he gets going can take the game away from the opposition by the 30th over, or just bat out the innings at a SR of 110+. None of the other batsmen can do that.

With the bowlers we have we should always be in with a shout.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I almost want Faf to get out here... so I can see van der Dussen and Mulder get an opportunity to take this game home.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Both Hendricks and de Kock gave Pak a sniff when they didn’t need to but very enjoyable little partnership between the two of them. Hendricks six against Shadab was some shot.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Van Der Dussen making it very difficult for the selectors to leave him out, made a good start to his international career

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Mulder is a batting all-rounder... Wiese was another batting all-rounder if you're keeping count...

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Why is Cloete keeping not Klaasen? Pretty sure he is not the usual keeper even for Warriors (with Fortuin, Breetske and Qeshile around...)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Miller should get the man of the match award for his fielding.
He did. Has anyone ever seen a MotM award given out to someone who didn't bowl and scored less than Miller's 10? I seem to recall Sir Viv and Jonty Rhodes getting an award once and I'm thinking Mark Taylor too based largely off fielding, but can't recall the specific game to know what they scored.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He did. Has anyone ever seen a MotM award given out to someone who didn't bowl and scored less than Miller's 10? I seem to recall Sir Viv and Jonty Rhodes getting an award once and I'm thinking Mark Taylor too based largely off fielding, but can't recall the specific game to know what they scored.
Jonty Rhodes was man of the match once in a domestic game when he wasn't even in the eleven, for his sub fielding.