• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Off topic but considering how threatening India's seamers have been right through, bodes very well for India's chances in the test series next year

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
absolutely dominant from india. they've come a long way. i expected their batting to expose the nz bowling, but the indian bowling is some of the best i've seen in an nz odi series ever. i knew they were world class and have been for a while, but this really brought it home.

nz have 3 world class batsmen who have performed against the best over long careers and latham/nicholls are no mugs. they've prevented guptill, kane and taylor from scoring their usual game defining hundreds nz fans have come to expect and that has won them the series.

look at the bowling today. zero freebies, even their 5th bowler was banging away in the channel creating massive pressure. only the round arm chucker jadhav disappointed and he's the 6th bowler.

india will win the world cup. england taking athlai theory to 11 will bite them hard.

rather than moan about our team again, i'm more than happy to write a long boring post about how good the opposition are when they truly outplay nz. well done india, that was awesome.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
We'll make the semis no doubt. There's got to be more assistance for pace and swing than here if they left a bit of green on top. Our spinners are good no about. Fix the openers and all rounders we may go a long way. Plenty of time get the guys ready. Never a fan of hackers though. Get good players at the top not hackers like India have now.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
absolutely dominant from india. they've come a long way. i expected their batting to expose the nz bowling, but the indian bowling is some of the best i've seen in an nz odi series ever. i knew they were world class and have been for a while, but this really brought it home.

nz have 3 world class batsmen who have performed against the best over long careers and latham/nicholls are no mugs. they've prevented guptill, kane and taylor from scoring their usual game defining hundreds nz fans have come to expect and that has won them the series.

look at the bowling today. zero freebies, even their 5th bowler was banging away in the channel creating massive pressure. only the round arm chucker jadhav disappointed and he's the 6th bowler.

india will win the world cup. england taking athlai theory to 11 will bite them hard.

rather than moan about our team again, i'm more than happy to write a long boring post about how good the opposition are when they truly outplay nz. well done india, that was awesome.
Yup, I'll join you this early in calling out India as favourites for the WC. Look much stronger than the England side who came here last year.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tournament cricket also comes down to holding your nerve and not producing a bad performance in a knockout match.

I wonder if either one of {England, India} have better odds to win the tournament than Australia did before 2003 or 2007.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We'll make the semis no doubt. There's got to be more assistance for pace and swing than here if they left a bit of green on top. Our spinners are good no about. Fix the openers and all rounders we may go a long way. Plenty of time get the guys ready. Never a fan of hackers though. Get good players at the top not hackers like India have now.
To make the semis, unless something unexpected happens*, we need to be in the top 2 out of ourselves, Australia, South Africa and Pakistan - that doesn't look particularly easy, all four are a similar level so it'll be tight regardless. We also need to avoid slipping up against someone like Bangladesh, who are decent. I reckon we're about even odds of making the semis. Hoping for a huge tournament from Guptill - he's one player who, in form, can lift us above the pack.

* like England doing an England and failing to qualify in a creative and embarrassing manner.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How do England not concede 400 everytime they bowl? Has to be the most non descript bowling side at this year's edition.

The Kiwis will do fine from a batting pov at least. They are currently struggling against a unique set of talented bowlers but they look well equipped to biff it against more traditional seam, be it SA or Aus. Pak, Ind, and Eng (only through scoreboard pressure) will be their true tests this time.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How do England not concede 400 everytime they bowl? Has to be the most non descript bowling side at this year's edition.
This is a massive overstatement. Woakes and Rashid are good ODI bowlers now. Moeen is also alright. Plunkett isn't terrible either. They've actually improved quite a bit over the last 3 years - though I still believe Anderson should've played this WC.

cnerd123

likes this
Very heartening performance this series. Top order is firing, MSD wasn't terrible, Karthik and Jadhav are fitting into the middle order excellently, and having Pandya back is great. Plus the bowler's are doing the job.

Still questions over how the middle order will hold up in a 320 Vs 320 game, but overall more positives than negatives from this.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think atm even without making a debut, Gill is going to pip KL Rahul for the back up opener slot. Pant doesn't make it to the WC XI either. India's WC squad is gonna be:
Rohit
Shikhar
Kohli
Rayudu
Dhoni
Kedar Jadhav
Hardik Pandya
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Shami
Jadeja
Dinesh Karthik
Gill/KL Rahul/Pant

srbhkshk

International Captain
With Dhoni's case being what it is , I'd be fine with this squad -

Rohit
Shikhar
Virat
NOT Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Bhuvi preferred because of the batting but fine with Shami as well.
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

Really it's just the #4 I am concerned about - potential candidates would be Karthik and Gill.

Howsie

International Captain
https://www.firstpost.com/firstcric...aining-two-odis-against-visitors-5976601.html

"It's great to welcome back the all-round skills of Jimmy and Todd and we're looking forward to seeing what they can bring to the series," selector and former player Gavin Larsen said.

"We're still looking to keep our options open with selections (for the World Cup) at this stage and ensure we continue to learn as much as we can about our players," he added
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Colin Munro is the new Luke Ronchi, can never be dropped in fear of someone out there being better.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Doug and Ish have been two of the brighter spots of the ODI series so far and we've been encouraged by their performances against a quality Indian side," said Larsen.
If Larsen has been encouraged by a bowler who has averaged 131 during this series and been flogged to all parts then we as a cricketing nation are ****ed.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
With Dhoni's case being what it is , I'd be fine with this squad -

Rohit
Shikhar
Virat
NOT Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Bhuvi preferred because of the batting but fine with Shami as well.
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

Really it's just the #4 I am concerned about - potential candidates would be Karthik and Gill.
Dhoni at #4, followed by Karthik, Jadhav and Pandya.

It's too late for it now but Rohit at #4 while opening with KL Rahul or Gill would have been an option.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

It's too late for it now but Rohit at #4 while opening with KL Rahul or Gill would have been an option.
Why on earth would you push Rohit down from where he's played his best? You find other options, not disrupt existing ones. No. 4 is our only real concern. Dhoni too but we've all grown resigned to that situation. Try out both Shaw and Gill at 4 in the coming games.

srbhkshk

International Captain

I wouldn't touch the top three tbh and especially not Rohit who is a slow starter and used to suck big time when he played in the middle order early in his career.