• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
How is making the final peaking too soon?
In some ways we were lucky to get to the final, given the close semi-final. It could be argued we peaked around the quarters/group match vs Australia.

Once we hit the final, the shortcomings of not having a Baz platform come off, and Luke ****ing Ronchi down the order, showed what was being papered over in full light. Better that these are happening now and not in the finals - but it doesn't seem like they'll attempt to rectify it.

Blain

U19 Captain
Munro loses a lot of appeal to me if he's not bowling. Kane needs to mix things up, insane he didn't try himself or Munners yesterday. Bracewell could have gone for 100 if he had bowled out..

Munro also loses appeal for not scoring runs, however. I wouldn't be against opening with Nicholls and Munro @ 5 or 6. Don't think you would lose much, although I don't think Nicholls could see off the opening ball too well with his lack of foot movement. Same as Munro though?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nicholls is a successful test batsman so I think he'd be fine against the new white ball. I mean, Guptill is, so...

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
In some ways we were lucky to get to the final, given the close semi-final. It could be argued we peaked around the quarters/group match vs Australia.

Once we hit the final, the shortcomings of not having a Baz platform come off, and Luke ****ing Ronchi down the order, showed what was being papered over in full light. Better that these are happening now and not in the finals - but it doesn't seem like they'll attempt to rectify it.
Fair enough. Unfortunately, I don't think we've got a sh*tshow of getting anywhere near this year's final.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Fair enough. Unfortunately, I don't think we've got a sh*tshow of getting anywhere near this year's final.
Teams better than us:
India
England

Teams fractionally better but could go either way:
South Africa

Teams about equal:
Pakistan
Australia

Teams we're better than:
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
West Indies
the rest

We should make the quarters. Even with all of Australia's trials and tribulations, they generally lift at World Cups anyway. South Africa will need to get over their usual Cup mentality, otherwise we still have the edge on them there, even if they have a better team on paper. Pakistan is anyones guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
South Africa aren't better IMO. Very similar to NZ and Aus in that they have some guns but also some pretty concerning balance issues and doubts over their best eleven.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Teams better than us:
India
England

Teams fractionally better but could go either way:
South Africa

Teams about equal:
Pakistan
Australia

Teams we're better than:
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
West Indies
the rest

We should make the quarters. Even with all of Australia's trials and tribulations, they generally lift at World Cups anyway. South Africa will need to get over their usual Cup mentality, otherwise we still have the edge on them there, even if they have a better team on paper. Pakistan is anyones guess.
No quarters -10 team round robin and top 4 to semis

Borges

International Regular
I've watched only bits of these limited overs games; from what I've seen, the Indian bowling hit a peak in New Zealand.
Their limited overs bowling was at level clearly above how they bowled in England, at home against the West Indies and in Australia.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've watched only bits of these limited overs games; from what I've seen, the Indian bowling hit a peak in New Zealand.
Their limited overs bowling was at level clearly above how they bowled in England, at home against the West Indies and in Australia.
The good thing is the best bowler didnt even play.the series

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
So who misses out when Bumrah is back? Bhuvi or Shami?
For the world cup, I would give Bhuvi a go initially as he has been successful in the past. He also provides better batting at #8. Shami is of course the better wicket taker and will come into picture if the pitches are really flat.
Hope both stay injury free. IPL may have other ideas though.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Can we stop with this Latham opening rhetoric? Leave him where he is!
Ideally he should continue in the middle order as he is doing good there. But Munro has not been performing for a while now.

NZ is a better team than what was in display in the recent matches. It is better to experiment in dead rubbers than being caught on the wrong foot in world cup.

Borges

International Regular
So who misses out when Bumrah is back? Bhuvi or Shami?
I think they should rotate the quicks; no reason not to let a bowler get jaded if there is another one who can step up.

Since the World Cup appears to be important to most fans, the BCCI should also do something to limit their workloads during the IPL.
Pull them out altogether at the slightest hint of any injury.