• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

slippy888

International Captain
I told you guys signing Greame Hick as Australia batting coach would be the down fall of Australia cricket 2 years ago.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I told you guys signing Greame Hick as Australia batting coach would be the down fall of Australia cricket 2 years ago.
Being batting coach has so much to do with setting our fields, observing, and making plans to dismiss the opposition batsmen.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm half-convinced that neither Paine nor any of our other players, Langer and any of our coaching staff have actually been paying attention to how the Indians have been batting.
I thought you meant this in a 'our batsmen clearly haven't learnt the lessons the Indian batsmen are teaching us' way, but it seems you mean it in a 'our bowling plans to them have been poor' way?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's time we pull up stumps on Shaun Marsh's career. To paraphrase a former prime minister, Shaun is a low altitude flyer. He's old and his experience hasn't helped any. He hasn't stabilised the middle order at all. He was presented with a road on day three and found another way to get out before double figures.

For Sri Lanka:

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Maxwell
Handscomb
Head
Paine
Bowlers

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I thought you meant this in a 'our batsmen clearly haven't learnt the lessons the Indian batsmen are teaching us' way, but it seems you mean it in a 'our bowling plans to them have been poor' way?
Yes; admittedly, I didn't see much of the last test, but IMO we don't really seem to have been looking to plug scoring areas or see whether there are particular places we can bowl to batsmen, certain shots they may be vulnerable to playing loosely, etc. I suppose that many of India's batsmen have gotten cheaply enough this series, but—apart from the bowling short thing earlier this test—we seem to have depended simply on 'run in and hopefully bowl well' and that without that much thought as to the field.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Is this the last we're gonna see of Labu-champagne or is there gonna be another ****** 70+ in the second dig for him to leech on?

Riggins

International Captain
unless bumrah starts rolling out a few gentle offies i don't think that will matter
gold - i think it can work if he stays disciplined tho

Seem to have missed the discussion on why the Australian bowlers aren't swinging the ball

Is there a discussion in another thread ?
I suspect that following the sandpaper debacle they are extremely gunshy about doing even the generally accepted methods of roughing the ball up a bit.