• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Unless it is his name.

Friend of mine had trouble with their neighbours son who is called Osama and people claimed they were being racist when they called him by his name.
8-)

One of my new classes includes a lad called Osama, and it does feel a bit odd using his name at first.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I just do not understand the thought process that thinks calling moeen 'obama' could be intended with anything other than malice and the utmost offence.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I just do not understand the thought process that thinks calling moeen 'obama' could be intended with anything other than malice and the utmost offence.

You're missing the point mate, it's all about political correctness, innit. Apparently.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Seriously how dense does one have to be not see the difference.

It's basically the same as calling him a terrorist. Do you not see the problem with that?
Are you saying that Adolf Hitler, a tyrannical demagogue who tried to take over the world, wipe out a whole race of people and is directly responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people, is more honorable and respectable than a terrorist such as Osama bin Laden?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you saying that Adolf Hitler, a tyrannical demagogue who tried to take over the world, wipe out a whole race of people and is directly responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people, is more honorable and respectable than a terrorist such as Osama bin Laden?
That is an exceptionally bad way to read that post.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
So you think it's OK to make terrorist jibes to any Muslim? JFC.....walk a mile in their shoes mate and see how you go.
lmao the way your oh so enlightened European countries are going, you'll soon be walking in their shoes anyway. Never gets old how you lot shift the probity goalposts.

Burner

International Regular
He later denied ever saying it and said "some of my best friends are Muslims" to Moeen. :laugh:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see a thread but it deserves one.

According to the papers today in Moeen Ali's new book he says an Australian cricketer said to him "Take that Osama" on the field during the 2015 ashes.

Cricket Australia are supposed to be investigating.
The more troublesome one is Lehman's response. This is the guy who racially abused Sri Lankans.

trundler

Nice to see you skillfully avoiding my question once reality bites. You are a talented individual with the potential to become a leading politician of the future, Mr. Trundler. :)
No, it isn't but terrorist is an awful stereotype Muslims in the West face every day. Context is key. Calling a German person a Nazi would be the same thing, or an Irishman an IRA terrorist, yes but that's hardly relevant.

I simply thought it below myself to answer such a ridiculous loaded question.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
lmao the way your oh so enlightened European countries are going, you'll soon be walking in their shoes anyway. Never gets old how you lot shift the probity goalposts.
What's wrong with him saying it's wrong to call a Muslim a terrorist?

Flem274*

123/5
Nice to see you skillfully avoiding my question once reality bites. You are a talented individual with the potential to become a leading politician of the future, Mr. Trundler. :)
man i wish i was cool enough be passive aggressive to 13 year old kids in my spare time

Burgey

I find it very hard to believe a member of an Australian cricket team would #crosstheline like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.