• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well who knows what will happen in this over politically correct world. Remember James Gunn getting fired for something he tweeted 10 years ago

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think this is overly politically correct by any means. It's a legitimately racist thing to say.

Groundking

International Debutant
Since when was calling somebody Osama racist? I could understand it if somebody had called him a P**i c**t as that would be racist.

It's like if Rabada called Anderson Hitler, would that really be considered racist?

Spikey

I think the reason why little happened is because it would've been too tough to prove, but now Moeen has come forward the standard of proof will start to move towards the latter, IMO.

Especially because it's an Australian, so not necessarily out of habit.
Based on Moeen's words, it seems to me the reason little happened is that it was informally handled. Moeen went to a couple of players and his coach, and the coach went to the other coach who went to the player. Doesn't seem like anyone went to the match referee, the team managers, etc, and so no investigation.

trundler

Since when was calling somebody Osama racist? I could understand it if somebody had called him a P**i c**t as that would be racist.

It's like if Rabada called Anderson Hitler, would that really be considered racist?
Seriously how dense does one have to be not see the difference.

It's basically the same as calling him a terrorist. Do you not see the problem with that?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

OMFG......how bad can this thread get?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’m beginning to think there’s no way back from Australian cricket. A long ban from Tests may be required

Groundking

International Debutant
Seriously how dense does one have to be not see the difference.

It's basically the same as calling him a terrorist. Do you not see the problem with that?
So would Braithwaite calling Morgan 'McGiunness' also be considered racist then?

andmark

International Captain

A situation of Rabada calling Anderson "Hitler" would almost certainly not be to do with race or religion. If there has to be a white version of the Moeen insult, it'd be something like making an IRA reference to Eoin Morgan but even that would have perhaps a lesser racial element.

Heboric

International Debutant
So you think it's OK to make terrorist jibes to any Muslim? JFC.....walk a mile in their shoes mate and see how you go.
So was he actually called a terrorist ?

And yes I live in South Africa so I have 'walked in his shoes'

Status
Not open for further replies.