• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
That is the greatest day of cricket in the history of cricket. I am literally speechless by the way.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have been surprised at how effective Cartwright has been with the ball so far
Hopefully he abandons his s**thouse batting and just becomes a seamer for Middlesex.

He'll end the season with a better bowling average, I just know it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Matt Henry 27 wickets in Div 2 at 8.63 :cool:.

Admittedly, sounds like the conditions could not have been better for his style of bowling.

S.Kennedy

Durham signed Matt Dixon on loan from Essex, Western Aussie with Brit passport. One month apparently. Cover for all the seamer casualties (McCarthy and Rushy).

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Durham signed Matt Dixon on loan from Essex, Western Aussie with Brit passport. One month apparently. Cover for all the seamer casualties (McCarthy and Rushy).
Did I read somewhere that Mark Wood was back too?

If so I hope he gives Ed Smith something to think about

S.Kennedy

Did I read somewhere that Mark Wood was back too?

If so I hope he gives Ed Smith something to think about
Yes. He got sick of bench warming in the IPL. You have to assume they'll play the full contingent of seamers available v Derbyshire: Wood, Weighell, Rimmington and Dixon. Rimmington and Dixon were both Western Australia team mates.

theegyptian

What is Brookes like ?

At least getting wickets unlike other pretenders at this stage ie Garton, Barber
I'd say Jake Ball-esque at present. Wide off the crease and swings the ball away at decent pace(85 mph). Was a little steve harmison like when he debuted in the u19s with the long arms and legs flailing around but more controlled now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gubbins gets some runs here and he must be in with a chance of taking stoneman or vince's spot.
Yeah, plenty of spots open in the batting. Would say only Cook, Root, Malan, Bairstow and Stokes are certain to play in the test and presume the other 2 spots are up for anybody.

Same with the bowling really as only Anderson and Broad are certain along with Stokes as the 5th bowler. 4 spots that could go to any combination of about 10 players.

SeamUp

International Coach
I'd say Jake Ball-esque at present. Wide off the crease and swings the ball away at decent pace(85 mph). Was a little steve harmison like when he debuted in the u19s with the long arms and legs flailing around but more controlled now.
Coad rested because of fatigue. Makes you wonder if that is so he is fresh for a test match coming soon?
With the walking wounded it seems like outside Woakes it is only Coad, Porter, COverton, Ball. At least there is something to monitor at Warks with Brookes & Stone.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Coad rested because of fatigue. Makes you wonder if that is so he is fresh for a test match coming soon?
I can't see it personally - although who knows what ed smith is thinking.. Just too slowish (and lacking lions experience) especially with Anderson still around. I think he started the season injured so they are probably just being careful.

Wicket at the oval looks a lot rougher than normal. Probably trying to make it more bowler friendly following last weeks worcester game.