• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given what I thought about our signing Graham Onions, which I believe I'm right in saying I kept to myself at the time, I sometimes wonder whether I know anything at all about cricket

fredfertang

295 at 23.38 for Lancs
Hmmm - another example of me spouting bollocks - I was going to say something along the lines that when he's been allowed to play for us in the last five years he's been disappointing, but fortunately for me I looked it up before clicking 'submit reply' - I really must learn to accept he's not going to take 8-40 every time he turns out for us

The_roc

U19 Captain
lol somerset's tail is pretty ridiculous. this is what NSW thinks they have
Just a shame that some of the top order can't score a few more.

Still a bit of a change in the pitch at Taunton. After the first 2 games there were calls for the pitch inspector to make a visit, and today we are 472 - 9. I thought there was something up when they picked Leach and Best in the team (or maybe that was just to strengthen the batting, safe in the knowledge that Abell would get the wickets)

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Given what I thought about our signing Graham Onions, which I believe I'm right in saying I kept to myself at the time, I sometimes wonder whether I know anything at all about cricket
If Onions stayed clear of the treatment table it would be basically impossible for the Onions signing to not be a great signing for Lanky.

S.Kennedy

Unless Markram doesn't score a ''daddy hundred'' in Durham's second innings, I think it is fair to say his little county stint has been a bit of a flop.

FBU

International Debutant
Hmmm - another example of me spouting bollocks - I was going to say something along the lines that when he's been allowed to play for us in the last five years he's been disappointing, but fortunately for me I looked it up before clicking 'submit reply' - I really must learn to accept he's not going to take 8-40 every time he turns out for us
Last 5 years 17 matches 69 wickets at 21.79

Gnske

Unless Markram doesn't score a ''daddy hundred'' in Durham's second innings, I think it is fair to say his little county stint has been a bit of a flop.
What if the sacrifice of Heino Kuhn was actually a justifiable execution?

theegyptian

Pujara woeful for yorkshire. Averaging 12.5 after 8 knocks this season. Didn't exactly have a great record in english cricket before this season.

S.Kennedy

Root seems out of nick, taking in consideration is England ''perpetually 50 out'' form?

Stewie Poynter, maiden century, two wicketkeepers putting together Durham's first decent innings of the season. Ireland's loss...

4th batting point. I don't think we've had a single one of the things this season!

Last edited:

fredfertang

Root seems out of nick, taking in consideration is England ''perpetually 50 out'' form?

Stewie Poynter, maiden century, two wicketkeepers putting together Durham's first decent innings of the season. Ireland's loss...

4th batting point. I don't think we've had a single one of the things this season!
And still together - putting the top order to shame

theegyptian

Virdi running through Yorkshire now. Got Root with a good un. Might be Leach, Bess and Virdi for Sri Lanka and West Indies next winter.

theegyptian

Absolutely brutal if leicestershire lose this having lost in such a way to Durham last week. De Lange caught on the boundary and Leics win by 3 runs.

Gutting for Worcestershire too today losing to Essex to make it 4 losses and a draw at the start of the season - having been on top in this game.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Speaking of Leicestershire, I've never known a team chirp on in the field as much as they do, not sledging per se but just your regular, ''three wickets lads'' (hand claps) type stuff. Callum Parkinson is ridiculous.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matt Henry 27 wickets in Div 2 at 8.63 :cool:.

Admittedly, sounds like the conditions could not have been better for his style of bowling.
4-69 and 6-53 in the latest game too. This must be doing his confidence the world of good.