• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yea I'm surprised he managed to come back on later in the innings and get Raval out

Apparently was signaled four initially but later called a six (at least according to the article)

The Hutt Rec

Looked like he got a bit of hand to it which would have helped.

Still don’t understand Raval’s non-selection for the Super Smash, he’s good in these shorter formats, domestically.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea I'm surprised he managed to come back on later in the innings and get Raval out

Apparently was signaled four initially but later called a six (at least according to the article)
Geezus, just a really fortunate incident all things told. Absolutely crazy a ball can hit a guy in the head with enough force to propel it for six, but he plays out the game...or even walks off the ground.

Auckland will get destroyed by Tickner, Rance, Milne, Patel and co in the final.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ford Trophy final today - this tournament has barely had a mention here or anywhere else.

CD batsmen not handling Ferguson and Nethula - 134/5 plus Cleaver retired hurt (maybe a muscle tear) on #PukekuraParkSoBig. Very hard to see them defending whatever they put up from here against Auckland's powerful batting.

Mike5181

International Captain
CD has a real good team on paper. Just looks like their batsmen didn't turn up and Clarkson being out cost them a bit.

vandem

International 12th Man
Was Clarkson injured, or did CD decide 4 batsman were enough?

Edit, both Ben Smith and Clarkson were in the squad listed in the 13 player squad on the NZC site, so looks like CD decided that 4 batsman were enough.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like Clarkson has been moving around with the squad but unavailable due to lingering effects of a concussion, for a little while now -

Speaking of which...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...mination-final-with-ongoing-concussion-issues

Canterbury opener Chad Bowes could be forced to consider his future in cricket after suffering his third concussion within 18 months.

The former South African under-19 captain, who is in his third season with Canterbury, will miss Wednesday's 50-over Ford Trophy elimination final against Auckland after experiencing ongoing headaches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It looks like Clarkson has been moving around with the squad but unavailable due to lingering effects of a concussion, for a little while nowNah
Nah I think that just means he's the guy who'll come in if someone else is concussed during the match and needs to be replaced. Which suggests he's somewhere close to full fitness and available for selection, but just left out.

Flem274*

123/5
I wish they had scheduled this for Friday so that any potential Black Caps could have been involved. Taylor, Guptill, Munro and CdG along with the fringe guys who played today like Milne, Ferguson and Chapman would have made for much better teams on paper even if it would have made Aucklands batting OP

Blain

U19 Captain
NZC simply don't care about people attending any cricket other than the Black Caps and the Super Smash.

6 frontline bowlers, don't think I've seen that before. Especially when you have Ryder and Worker there. And Bruce. I guess the question is who do you drop, and Puk park is normally run fests, and they'd argue that Bracewell, Milne and Wheeler are all rounders.. Which is a bit of a stretch.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
MEAKER OFF TO NEW ZEALAND

Surrey seamer Stuart Meaker will gear up for the new county season with a red-ball stint at Auckland in New Zealand’s Plunket Shield in March.

Meaker, who has played two ODIs and two T20Is for England, could feature in up to four games for Auckland, after being recommended to the club by Surrey team-mate Sam Curran, who played T20 cricket for the Aces in the Super Smash.

“They said have you got anyone that bowls reasonable gas and can come and play a few first-class games for us towards the end of the season? So they asked me to pop down and it looks like I'm going off there for the whole of March.

"It's a good build-up toward the start of the season. Sometimes guys go away and play club cricket in Australia, this is just a step further than that, going off and playing some four-day games, getting some overs under my belt.”

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for overusing the video vault login, nzfan. :(

Insiders are always looking to shut down the conversations that I try to stimulate with the videos, rather than foster a more informed feel to the NZ cricket fanbase.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sweet, Plunket Shield is back on. So far an early wicket for Rance, two for Newton and one for Baker, all fairly standard new ball wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Insiders are always looking to shut down the conversations that I try to stimulate with the videos, rather than foster a more informed feel to the NZ cricket fanbase.
I think they're probably more worried about you helping opposition coaches than anything else.

nzfan

Haha go for your life... At least it's of use to someone :cool: I've stopped watching any Firebirds videos that's for sure. I watch all but Firebirds :happy:

Howsie

International Captain
I watched Zak Gibson bowl the other day against Auckland A, the kid has definitely put on some pace (and bulk) since I saw him last year. Surprised he isn’t playing this game instead of carrying the drinks. Arnel and Baker won’t be up to much on a pitch like this

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha go for your life... At least it's of use to someone :cool: I've stopped watching any Firebirds videos that's for sure. I watch all but Firebirds :happy:
Nah it's gone forever now, you'll find. It seems I've inadvertently ruined a password you used without a problem for years. Unless you still have a friend in the office staff, we're out.

Last edited: