• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

jcas0167

International Debutant
yeah wellington really died under stuart and siddons who probably wanted to quickly use the province as a springboard to a national role somewhere, and brought in attempted instant gratification players from Australia under the assumption playing some Outback 2nd XI grade cricket prepares you for the very strange but loveable competition that is the Plunket Shield, where Colin Munro and Neil Wagner were always waiting for their newest whole hearted battler victims.
Siddons at least deserves credit for rejuvenating the batting of Power Papps & Grant Elliot & winning some titles.

"I feel confident in my power game that I can strike boundaries when I need to and [coach] Jamie Siddons has been pretty good helping me get to that point over the last three years. That showed in the T20 and maybe that was the piece of the puzzle I needed."
The under 19s looks to be underway, but I can't access all the scorecards on the Black Caps sight. Quite a big tournament with the World Cup at home afterwards.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Ravindra 69 runs @ 23 after four rounds. There's three more rounds left, but a saddo could well be taking the 2017/18 NZ cricket almanack into the bog in future and noting he wasn't in the top 10 bats. He'll want to put that right, starting today.

Wellington's team still doing okay with a 3W 1L record.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Ravindra 69 runs @ 23 after four rounds. There's three more rounds left, but a saddo could well be taking the 2017/18 NZ cricket almanack into the bog in future and noting he wasn't in the top 10 bats. He'll want to put that right, starting today.

Lol good point. Surprised to see Wellington do very well so far at least. I thought Wellington just relies on one or two players to do all the job. That means there are some handy players in the horizon.

It's going to be tough for Ravindra I'd think. When speaking to one of the Hutt Firebirds folks they said he's very comfortable playing in the firebirds set up facing up to Bennett or Logan Van Beek and the likes but his timing messes up when he has to play lesser bowlers. I don't know how that works to be honest. I thought its easy to smash around lesser bowlers than facing up to good ones.

nzfan

Speaking of which I have done some homework and there are couple or three all rounders in the team that can bat and bowl. Jono Tuffin, Haydon Smith both medium pace and can bat. Nick Greenwood a taita lad that bowls offies and hits a long ball. Heard that name Jacob Bhula as well, plays for North City or Johnsonville not quite sure. He's a good bat I'm told.

fekima

Cricket Spectator
Very random post but was walking down Courtenay Place this arvo and saw Samit Patel walking out of McDonalds eating a cheeseburger haha

nzfan

Very random post but was walking down Courtenay Place this arvo and saw Samit Patel walking out of McDonalds eating a cheeseburger haha
That's funny :laugh: The trainers and physios are out of town. Good time to tuck in some fast food.

nzfan

Steve Murdoch is smashing it, when it good touch he makes it look so easy. Why was he never considered for BC?

Flem274*

123/5
age and scoring a lot of runs in one of the positions that doesn't need filling (#3)

he's a beastly opener on ICC 2011

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, I feel like Samit eating a burger is not really a random occurrence. But funny nonetheless.

Chapman must be close to getting a look-in this summer, in a head-to-head battle with Bruce/Nicholls etc. If Munro stays up the top that's only going to help him too. How about his second six, swatted basically over long stop. He hits in such unorthodox areas that it makes him a weapon.

nzfan

The under 19s last round is going on at Lincoln today. Auckland vs Wellington finals. Wellington has scored 292/6 pretty good score with Ravindra not contributing with the bat barring couple of games where he got 40s. Bad timing or has he gone worse over the time? Hope it is just bad timing. Meanwhile my other pick Greenwood is going great guns and also picked up wickets. Bhula has been relatively consistent and Georgeson has been among runs too. Chances are if Wellington go on to win today there may be good number of lads for the U19 world cup. The wickets he has picked up may have slightly saved Ravindra here I'm thinking. F Allen and D Phillips are also not in great touch. Allen although scored a hundred not too long ago. Must be nervous times for lads.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah get Finn Allen out this afternoon, and ensure Dale Phillips doesn't make a late bid to shore up his NZ U19 selection, after being really bad and averaging 9 in this tourney. Then they'll be almost there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably about to get another rough deal, that Brayden Gaylor. He's topped the tourney's wicket-takers, but second is Ravindra (SLA), and third is Felix Murray (SLA). You attend a U19 WC when you're 16/17, you almost never get dumped for the one when you're 18/19.

Lucky it's a dry summer, if NZ U19 have no seamers who are any good, and just decide to wheel down 30 overs of what they do best.