• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would dearly love for England to go over a decade without winning a test in this country.

Crush 'em and grind 'em into the dust I say.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always want India to win, but I must admit that the other team utterly sucking takes some of the fun out of it (like the SL tour earlier this year).

cnerd123

likes this
As Marc said the "throw a dog a bone mentality" is ****e and downright condescending.
throwing the bone would imply you're okay with your team taking it easy and losing as a result

It's different if you feel a bit of satisfaction if your team plays to it's best and still somehow gets upset by the underdog. Like a lot of English and Australians felt towards Bangladesh in their last tours there. Getting genuinely outplayed by an up and coming team can sometimes be somewhat uplifting rather than demoralising.

Unless that team is Australia ofcourse. No one is happy when they win. No one.

Burgey

Australia.

4-0 and 2-1 still hurts.

And colonisation of course.
Yeah, all that is relevant. Also England abandoning Singapore to Japanese domination in WW2 is yet another reason to hate them.

Feel free to post throughout the series

Burgey

throwing the bone would imply you're okay with your team taking it easy and losing as a result

It's different if you feel a bit of satisfaction if your team plays to it's best and still somehow gets upset by the underdog. Like a lot of English and Australians felt towards Bangladesh in their last tours there. Getting genuinely outplayed by an up and coming team can sometimes be somewhat uplifting rather than demoralising.

Unless that team is Australia ofcourse. No one is happy when they win. No one.
Take it to the HK Sixes thread.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I see the Aussie press have been throwing a bit of, ''who are you?'' at the England team photo? I must admit, I follow county cricket avidly yet that back row perplexed me momentarily besides big Steve Finn there. ''Never trust a guy with two first names'' (James Vince) or ''who cannot spell their Christian name correctly'' (Dawid Malan) are I believe other remarks made by the Oz media.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah, all that is relevant. Also England abandoning Singapore to Japanese domination in WW2 is yet another reason to hate them.

Feel free to post throughout the series
Yes always enjoyed his posts

Smart poster and a good person

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Are you saying that because you find his behaviour abhorrent, or because he is a Durham player - or perhaps a bit of both?
Unlike you I can see beyond which county a player comes from. The fact is that because of the lax attitude towards drinking, 2 players behaved like louts and beat people up.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Unlike you I can see beyond which county a player comes from. The fact is that because of the lax attitude towards drinking, 2 players behaved like louts and beat people up.
And here's me thinking you just despised Durham County Cricket Club!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s been a bad build up because the usual pommie cheerleader in chief, GIMH, is too busy living the libertarian dream and is caught up building his own private road to get to and from work every day, while checking for reds under his bed every night in his tin foil hat.
Correct.

Hard to get up for flaming the Aussies round here these days. I don’t know who most of the posters supporting the crims are. There’s you and your usual drivel. And then Stephen makes strange posts about how James Anderson wouldn’t make his local grade side. And he’s one of the better ones. Feels like the quality of Aussie troll has really declined in step with the cricketers over the past decade.

4-0 England is my tip

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Correct.

Hard to get up for flaming the Aussies round here these days. I don’t know who most of the posters supporting the crims are. There’s you and your usual drivel. And then Stephen makes strange posts about how James Anderson wouldn’t make his local grade side. And he’s one of the better ones. Feels like the quality of Aussie troll has really declined in step with the cricketers over the past decade.

4-0 England is my tip
unusually pessimistic from you