• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a disaster.
Having grown up with Steven Lowy, I can tell you that the guy is an absolute football tragic and unless something has radically changed, he'd be doing what he thinks is good for the game

It may not be right and he would almost certainly be clinging onto power at any cost (it's what they do) but chances are that his heart is in the right place

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Having grown up with Steven Lowy, I can tell you that the guy is an absolute football tragic and unless something has radically changed, he'd be doing what he thinks is good for the game

It may not be right and he would almost certainly be clinging onto power at any cost (it's what they do) but chances are that his heart is in the right place
My professional dealings with him have not shown this, but good to get your point-of-view. :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My professional dealings with him have not shown this, but good to get your point-of-view. :)
Having only just started reading about this situation, he certainly is presiding over a real mess and some (maybe all) is of his own making

I'd be surprised if Frank isnt pulling the strings behind the scenes as Steve would barely have made a decision on a matter of any significance without his father's approval in the time that I knew him well (say 30 years)

I have only seen him once in the last 10 years or so and things can change but he was always a very decent guy

However, it's always the Lowy way or no way

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was th ebloke playing right back for Australia? jfc he was terrible.

Not that he was Robinson Crusoe.

Redbacks

International Captain
Matt Ryan had a bad day kicking the ball. Probably made 5 errors leading to counterattacks by Japan.

Spikey

it's do or die in Melbourne tonight, and just to continue with the 90's flashbacks, the first Austin Powers movie is on after the game

Spikey

man I hope Joey Barton doesn't gets sent off for Thailand my heart can't take that again

Burgey

We suck at this game now. Jeez I haven't ever seen a side play 7-2-1 before though.