• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
2017/18 A-League Fixtures out in 1.5 hours. Big Blue and F3 Derby will be a top Saturday to start!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Didn't really have anywhere to post this so will post it here as it's pretty relevant.

So after nearly 5 years of painful bull**** with Telstra I decided that when I moved about 6 weeks ago that I was going to switch to Optus internet. The house I was moving to (living with Dwyer now, for those of you who've been around CW for a while) has FTTP NBN so I thought **** it, lets do this. I've never had better than 20mbps and over the last 3 years I was stuck on 2.5mbps so the upgrade to 100mbps has been something else. First things first, the plan price much better than Telstra. Added to that, the customer service has been insanely good (which is weird cause Optus mobile customer service is atrocious).

I was initially very against Optus Sport nabbing the PL rights from Fox but I've come around. I hope they continue to nab rights from Fox so that the service becomes bigger and bigger. YesTV is great, the ********* quality is fantastic and I couldn't be happier. Cannot recommend the service enough.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The only problem with Optus having the rights really is that it puts you in a ****** situation if Optus can't be your internet provider for whatever reason. But it does sound like a nice arrangement for the most part. I think NBN is coming to my area in the next few months so maybe I'll see if Optus can be the provider.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't really have anywhere to post this so will post it here as it's pretty relevant.

So after nearly 5 years of painful bull**** with Telstra I decided that when I moved about 6 weeks ago that I was going to switch to Optus internet. The house I was moving to (living with Dwyer now, for those of you who've been around CW for a while) has FTTP NBN so I thought **** it, lets do this. I've never had better than 20mbps and over the last 3 years I was stuck on 2.5mbps so the upgrade to 100mbps has been something else. First things first, the plan price much better than Telstra. Added to that, the customer service has been insanely good (which is weird cause Optus mobile customer service is atrocious).

I was initially very against Optus Sport nabbing the PL rights from Fox but I've come around. I hope they continue to nab rights from Fox so that the service becomes bigger and bigger. YesTV is great, the ********* quality is fantastic and I couldn't be happier. Cannot recommend the service enough.
Four Pillars & Poor Fillers still going strong? Stoneridge? must be a beast by now :ph34r:

This is good to hear though. I hated having to try and find a reliable stream last season. With my TPG contract up in 3 months I've decided i'll be switching to Optus because of the PL package. Will be paying the same per month with Optus as I am currently for TPG for exact same speed & downloads, plus the added bonus of the PL.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only problem with Optus having the rights really is that it puts you in a ****** situation if Optus can't be your internet provider for whatever reason. But it does sound like a nice arrangement for the most part. I think NBN is coming to my area in the next few months so maybe I'll see if Optus can be the provider.
Yeah once NBN comes around they shouldn't be any reason why you can't join Optus, but your service probably won't be as good as DCYE's, the lucky ****. imo in an ideal world, Optus would have got the deal two years later than they did when more of us had NBN connected but hey