• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Never know how to feel when a game like that ends in penalties. Great save from Vukovic though.

Kind of wanted to see Sydney lose for the lels but there's no doubt the right team won the title.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a bloody game. I'm exhausted. Most incredible atmosphere I've ever experienced.

1 lyk = 1 pryr for me at work tomorrow.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You gotta get out more if this is true.
I know it's easy to be cynical, but it's true. The noise after Grant scored was so loud that my ears were ringing and I couldn't hear for moments afterwards.

No doubt there are bigger games out there, but I've been to AFL and NRL Grand Finals, Tennis Finals, derbies, etc etc etc, and I've never felt anything like that before. Struggling to put it into words.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
New Sydney FC badge will do.
Meh. Kind of liked the old one better but it's not a disaster.

I just don't understand this obsession with sporting clubs changing their logo every other decade. What's wrong with building tradition over several generations? It's worse in league with the loads of different jerseys every year.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Some of the A-League ones are very dated though. I'm for this change, but Brisbane Roar (for example) can't seem to get it right.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Saturday Night games on Ten next season. Yus.
Really good move. Union in Aus is a good case study on what can happen to a sport without a fta profile. Saturday a relative dead zone for fta sport too in the northern states at least.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia were woeful in the first half. Incredibly lucky to be even really, just two excellent finishes keeping them in it.

Better since half time though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We won and at least it wasnt turgid ****

Cant see us drawing with the Japanese (let alone beating them) though