• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official: Countdown to the 2017-2018 Ashes***

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno, part of me worries that the method is too "simple" to translate to higher levels - not like he's swinging it everywhere. He's just bullying blokes out with full stuff.

Cam White's interview on morning radio was interesting a week or so ago.
Presume you're talking about the one where he was talking about his batting? Do you think White saying he could bat 7 is an admission Pattinson won't be able to push out the current blokes on bowling alone at the moment? Hard to know without knowing what he's being fed back by Lehmann and the rest as far as his role in the Test side goes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Presume you're talking about the one where he was talking about his batting? Do you think White saying he could bat 7 is an admission Pattinson won't be able to push out the current blokes on bowling alone at the moment? Hard to know without knowing what he's being fed back by Lehmann and the rest as far as his role in the Test side goes.
Yeah, there was that part. More generally the guy sounded in awe of Patto, basically made it sound like he hadn't seen better than him ever in the Shield.

Gob

International Coach
Dunno, part of me worries that the method is too "simple" to translate to higher levels - not like he's swinging it everywhere. He's just bullying blokes out with full stuff.

Cam White's interview on morning radio was interesting a week or so ago.
Getting them to nip back in tbh. Don't think i've ever seen him bowl better. Has to be in the starting lineup if fit

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, wonder if he's getting the ball to hit the seam more as he's not trying to swing it as much. Hard to tell by the low quality Shield and County videos (as compared to proper broadcasts).

Burgey

WACA confirmed as the venue for the third test as the new stadium won't be ready in time.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
WACA confirmed as the venue for the third test as the new stadium won't be ready in time.
Sort of makes me keen to fly over there because I've been to a test or ODI at every other Aust test match ground.

91Jmay

International Coach
Reckon a whitewash could be on the cards. Our batting is brittle, our bowling not suited to Aus at all. Aus look to be pretty well retooled, their pace attack is terrifying.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think that if Eng beat SA this coming test series they might have enough confidence when heading to Aus to do well and even win the ashes.. they lose to us, well I don't think it would be good for them in Aus.

Burgey

I don' think Australia's batting is strong enough to deliver a whitewash at all tbh. Warner is good at home but I think it was 12 months between tons for him last year. TPC is great of course, but there's still a lot of questions over the others.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Your batting wasn't great in the last 5 zip tbh........it was all down to the bowling that result. Not sure Starc and Haze can do what Johnson and Harris did.....but they have the ceiling too.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw is raw and may face some second year blues. Warner is out of form in tests. Khawaja has been in good form but hasn't played since January. Smith is in great nick. Handscomb might also face second year blues or he might be our MVP. Maxwell... well who knows with Maxi. Agar might be at 6/7 if we play the quartet. Wade is Wade. Our tail should be strong.

If we can get the quartet on the park they will be menacing.

TheJediBrah

Renshaw is raw and may face some second year blues. Warner is out of form in tests. Khawaja has been in good form but hasn't played since January. Smith is in great nick. Handscomb might also face second year blues or he might be our MVP. Maxwell... well who knows with Maxi. Agar might be at 6/7 if we play the quartet. Wade is Wade. Our tail should be strong.

If we can get the quartet on the park they will be menacing.
He should handle the extra responsibility as our frontline spinner quite well IMO

91Jmay

International Coach
I don' think Australia's batting is strong enough to deliver a whitewash at all tbh. Warner is good at home but I think it was 12 months between tons for him last year. TPC is great of course, but there's still a lot of questions over the others.
Yeah but the last whitewash hardly had a murders row with the blade did it?

Spark

Global Moderator
It's even less likely (probably much less likely) that we'll see another Haddin 2013/14 performance than a Johnson 2013/14 performance though, and that's what held the batting side up.