• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah the reserve Madrid front line up looks so good and is actually kind of likeable, it is weird.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
According to the cretins of the SFA, being guilty of recklessly dangerous play should see a red card downgraded to a yellow.

Meanwhile, diving, which doesn't cause injury to anyone, gets you a 2 game ban.

cpr

International Coach
stupid as Fellaini is, it pains me to call that a headbutt. He stands still whilst Aguero walks up to him and then fall theatrically when Fellaini looks down at the little midget. That happens 5 times a match without the ref caring because people don't flail around.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

WOB, Randesund division

(photo apparently from a Norwegian Cup match...gw lads, I guess even petrostate kids can't afford a helicopter)
Whole thing has become a complete meme. See Wenger Out banners at football matches on every continent, political rallies/demonstrations, other sporting events, concerts etc. There'll be references to it in films and tv shows soon.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
stupid as Fellaini is, it pains me to call that a headbutt. He stands still whilst Aguero walks up to him and then fall theatrically when Fellaini looks down at the little midget. That happens 5 times a match without the ref caring because people don't flail around.
I would say it was brain dead. Fell right into the trap Aguero baited.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
According to the cretins of the SFA, being guilty of recklessly dangerous play should see a red card downgraded to a yellow.

Meanwhile, diving, which doesn't cause injury to anyone, gets you a 2 game ban.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the men in suits.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Up at 5 tomorrow, leave at 6, 500 mile round trip. For a dead rubber.

And then another 500 mile trip on Wednesday.

This football club

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a text from a mate who supports Torquay excitedly informing me they finished 17th in the "Conference ". I guess sporting success is all relative.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, that's the play-offs then:), should play our Yoof team next week, oddly will probably be the team we play in the semi-final, they'll be playing their full team, so tell the young uns to kick 'em off the park, even if they're all suspended shouldn't matter.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Was going to give Grimsby a miss next week, but will now have to make the trek with the Title up for grabs. Sign of getting old seeing the journey as a chore, but that's life.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Come on BFS, sort these ****ers out at half time. Too many of them playing like they think we're already safe afaics.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That that's just abysmal. Concede a soft goal 7 minutes in, create nothing for the next 80 and then the sucker punch to seal the defeat.
if anyone can explain why we've been so poor at home to the weaker teams, BFS would love to hear it. For all the talk about us being too good to go down, home defeats to Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley suggest otherwise. The table doesn't lie, you know.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
That that's just abysmal. Concede a soft goal 7 minutes in, create nothing for the next 80 and then the sucker punch to seal the defeat.
if anyone can explain why we've been so poor at home to the weaker teams, BFS would love to hear it. For all the talk about us being too good to go down, home defeats to Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley suggest otherwise. The table doesn't lie, you know.
I think Sam is more adept at smothering the big boys than having to take the game to "lesser" opposition.