• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

cnerd123

likes this
FTR it's the point of impact that counts if the batsman is at the crease, not whether the ball would have descended. Woakes' back foot was well in the crease.
Wait no thats not it.

Its a noball if it would have passed the batsman (at the crease) above waist height if he was fully upright.

That was a pretty harsh cal for noball to me

cnerd123

likes this
Mushy is an awful captain ftr.

Trying too hard to be MSD with funky bowling changes and ****. But MSD does that cuz he has no option. When Ashwin and Jaddu are tearing it up he just leaves them on. I dont get why you wouldn't just stick to your three main spinners here. ****ing bizarre from Mushy and BD.

We were 170/1 and they were 150/8 ffs

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Trying too hard to be MSD with funky bowling changes and ****. But MSD does that cuz he has no option. When Ashwin and Jaddu are tearing it up he just leaves them on. I dont get why you wouldn't just stick to your three main spinners here. ****ing bizarre from Mushy and BD.

He certainly hasn't covered himself in glory

Shri

Mr. Glass

*Left.

neville cardus

International Debutant
They're suffering, Bangladesh, for having played so little Test cricket lately. By no means the only explanation for their panic and impatience, but I think it's the best one.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah if the partnership was 50+ it might make sense to go funky. But it was only 30 and they weren't scoring that fast. A significant clanger there.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Urgh

**** this, im off to punch and kick things

I never learn with this team. I never learn.
Cheer up, mate. Time was when these teams were separated by way more than mere inexperience, impatience and poor captaincy. Plenty grounds for optimism here.

morgieb

I'll also add that overs 40-50 seems like the worst time for the bowling side in terms of breaking a partnership. You don't get the benefit of the new ball until a long time afterwards, and given Bangladesh's lack of seamers they can't do anything different without being too funky.

greg

International Debutant
What law was supposed to have been broken on that noball? Do they have different playing conditions in test matches - the laws say it's shoulder height for a slow bowler.

flibbertyjibber

What law was supposed to have been broken on that noball? Do they have different playing conditions in test matches - the laws say it's shoulder height for a slow bowler.
Different rule for tests, anything above waist height. Still looked like it would have been below waist height had he not had a bent leg as he struck the ball.

Was out.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez mate, 3-30 isn't making an impact with the ball? :ph34r:

I'm certainly not gonna sit here and ****can Woakes..........he was ****ing incredible in our summer, and he never.......I mean ever, lets us down with the bat.

But did you see his wickets yesterday? 3/30 looks good mate, but those figures really do prove the old saying that **** get's wickets.......he was very lucky.

Edit:

It just dawned on me that maybe your smiley at the end indicates you already know this.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
10 wicket partnership records talk

Current record: Biggest 9th wicket stand for England in Asia

Possible records
163 for biggest 9th wicket stand for England (Cowdrey and Alan Smith v NZ in 1963)
184 for biggest 9th wicket stand in Bangladesh/Asia (Mahmadullah and Abul Hasan in 2012)
195 for biggest 9th wicket stand (Boucher and Symcox v Pakistan in 1998)

...I am entirely to blame and no I'm not deleting it all

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn they bowl a good bowler, and a wicket goes, who'd have thunk it?

Decent innings though, and really should have been out before. Wonder ifAdil will smash it, Finn not a bad bat, but can't see him lasting long here.