• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Bahseph

State Captain
I think he was referring to Robiul and that series against Zimbabwe. Can't recall anything he did besides that tbf.
I think this is the series. I was wondering what happened to Robiul. Seems to have dissapeared.

Taskin and Mustifizur as a front line pair could cause their fair share of problems. And it is a shame about Mortaza.

Bijed

International Regular
Only just realised Bairstow got his 2000th test run in the first innings and today he broke Flower's wicketkeeper-runs-in-year record. Well batted YJB :)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you think if Stokes had been fit to play the whole series against PAK England would have won the series and be ranked no.1 Test side right now?
If your auntie had a dick and all that. What is gone is gone and we can't change it. At least we know he can perform in these conditions now which makes us a stronger team than we expected to be.

Stace

First Class Debutant
If your auntie had a dick and all that. What is gone is gone and we can't change it. At least we know he can perform in these conditions now which makes us a stronger team than we expected to be.
Well I guess if he was fit Woakes may not have got his opportunity... He's shown he can do it in SA, he got a ton and a 5fer in AUS and hopefully will carry on what he did today for the next 6 Tests. If you was going to make a world XI not only would he be in it but he'd be 1st or 2nd pick I'd say.

The ups and downs in this match can drive you absolutely crazy, that's why we love this game though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Number time

Since the start of the 2015 summer (coaches, batting order, game plan etc) England's top five have a worse record than Bangldesh's and only the 6th best around. They average more than 20 less than first-placed Australia's top five.

Their 6-10 are the best in the world by miles with 7 tons and average just as much as the top five. Australia's lower order average 17, just over half the average rpw for England's, and are bottom with 0 tons.
Reversed line ups are clearly the way to go.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The important question now is when Stokes and Ali are analysed a year from now on CW, will these runs be deemed worthy or discarded because at CW, we don't consider Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for purposes of discussion

flibbertyjibber

The important question now is when Stokes and Ali are analysed a year from now on CW, will these runs be deemed worthy or discarded because at CW, we don't consider Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for purposes of discussion
I think it is clear that Bangladesh are improving. The question you need to ask is whether the runs the Pakistan players are making count against the WI. :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Missed all of todays play due to umpiring commitments

Predictable yet disappointing lower order collapse from BD, Stokes is so good, and BD really just dont have the mental toughness and grit to win Tests yet. Which is really sad.

I think England have enough. BD wont chase this.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Moeen Ali should play for us. I read an article today that his wife is bangladeshi so I think we can take him and strengthen our team. You guys can take V2 platinum to bat aside Cook

Chrish

International Debutant
Scary how similar English and Indian batting lineups are..

Fragile upper-middle order with very strong tail that consistently bails team out of trouble

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Number time

Since the start of the 2015 summer (coaches, batting order, game plan etc) England's top five have a worse record than Bangldesh's and only the 6th best around. They average more than 20 less than first-placed Australia's top five.

Their 6-10 are the best in the world by miles with 7 tons and average just as much as the top five. Australia's lower order average 17, just over half the average rpw for England's, and are bottom with 0 tons.
So England are the even Newer Zealand of test cricket?

cnerd123

likes this
Moeen Ali should play for us. I read an article today that his wife is bangladeshi so I think we can take him and strengthen our team. You guys can take V2 platinum to bat aside Cook
I'm glad you specified Bangladeshi and not Bengali; because Kolkatans are the worst people. I expect Moeen to have better taste

Burgey

Didn't know Shri was from Chennai. Mate, you've done well to overcome that sort of adversity in life. Good stuff

Burgey

This is a really good point. The answer is, it depends on what argument you want to make at the time, and more importantly who you're arguing with.. So say we are playing England and I want to tip a bucket on them and piss off Corrin as well as annoy *****, I'll say Stokes did some downhill skiing against a **** side, but if someone from the subcontinent is saying he's no good when he misses out in a game, I'll happily point to these runs as proof of what a good player he is, given the match situation and the pitch etc etc

Won't bother with Ali though. He's a finger spinning allrounder and they're all a waste of time.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes averaging 60 with the bat and 23 with the ball so far for 2016...........I guess he's doing alright.