• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I honestly (bar Boult's opening spell) wouldn't be able to watch us bowl. First time I've said that since the days of Martin, Tuffey and co.
I know exactly how you feel... although in my case it's been watching Southee jogging in wasting the new ball in the last 2 years.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Not gonna be surprised if this is the XI for the first test,

Ronchi
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Guptill
Santner
Watling
Craig
Sodhi
Wagner
Boult

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
popping in from Amman:
- I don't understand what's up with Howsie...
- That said, Wagner can actually ruin the new ball. Not saying he shouldn't open the bowling but just talking about relative strengths.
- If you're going to pick both Ronchi and Guptill (ugh), Guptill should open. This is obvious.
- The guy who said Craig might open is awesome

Now I'm off to play rugby in 30 degrees celsius heat ma3a salame

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The only way I could've seen Jeets ever playing for NZ again would've been if you and Kippax had snuck into Mark Craig's hotel room on the day before the 2014 Lord's test, and broken his fingers.The subsequent scramble for an 11th hour replacement would've revealed Jeets as the only option. His match-winning haul of 16/132 would've then paved the way for him to pass Hadlee's record sometime in the early 2020's.
i tindr superlike this post

Xuhaib

International Coach
NZ will do ok here its after a long time they will have to punch above their weight and they usually thrive in these situations.

Flem274*

123/5
Latham
Doesn't Matter
Kane
Ross
Nicholls
Santa
Watling
Bracewell/Craig
Henry
Wagner
Boult

Should be the team but won't. We're going to waste time feeding India below par spinners. If Neesham were fit I'd have him in place of Bracewell/Craig.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How on earth is it obvious to open with the bloke who averages about 20 against actual test standard cricket sides?
Because one person being bad at something doesn't mean the other person is going to be better. Particularly when the other person is known to be even more of a hack.

Julian87

State Captain
Because one person being bad at something doesn't mean the other person is going to be better. Particularly when the other person is known to be even more of a hack.
Well he's hacked a better FC record than Guptill and scored 107 more in his last innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well he's hacked a better FC record than Guptill and scored 107 more in his last innings.
He also doesn't open domestically, has next to no experience playing in the top order and has a worse NZ domestic record than Guptill. Ronchi SHOULD NOT be in the discussion for opener. He is there as a back up middle order player and likely opened so he could get as much time at the crease as possible, not to test his mettle against the new ball.

I suspect they aren't thinking of batting Santner at 3 either.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can this hurry up and start.

Can't get worked up about these particular NZ selection debates - neither of Ronchi or Guptill are likely to score runs opening, while with Southee and Neesham injured the only other selection question is Bracewell vs Third Spinner; also very unlikely to affect the outcome of the match.