• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ashwin vs Kapil is a no brainier.

Ashwin vs Mankad is a discussion worth having, especially since Ashwin would have played as many Tests as Mankad by the end of this season.

viriya

International Captain
Ashwinn s batting will never be good enough for him to be an allrounder in its truest sense. A lot better for him and India if he can become the best bowler he can be and treat his batting as his secondary trait.
Dude averages ~35 as a batsman.. what more does he have to do to prove himself an all-rounder?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin vs Kapil is a no brainier.

Ashwin vs Mankad is a discussion worth having, especially since Ashwin would have played as many Tests as Mankad by the end of this season.
Yeah, Kapil is significantly ahead. Mankad too was pretty solid though. Guy has two double hundreds and two 10fers. Not many out there who can claim that. Perhaps none.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin just got made the number one bowler in the world so he's got that going for him which is nice
Has the number 1 bowler ranking ever been this much of a hot potato? We've had so many over the last few years... Ashwin, Yasir, Broad, Anderson, Steyn just in the last year or so and Johnson and philander had their little spells at the top (either side of Steyn at 1)before that too.

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Your location in west Bengal so I assumes you talking about India
I think Yadav in terrific form but I would like ravindra jadeja in place of
Ishan Sharma.I still not believing when he took 201 test wits for India?

If Jadeja play first test, no way WI's 9th wicket can add 95 because
His ability to removes tail easily (ball kept low average ) so he is more handy
For rest of tour, he is better batsman and in form too.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Has the number 1 bowler ranking ever been this much of a hot potato? We've had so many over the last few years... Ashwin, Yasir, Broad, Anderson, Steyn just in the last year or so and Johnson and philander had their little spells at the top (either side of Steyn at 1)before that too.
This after 6 years of Steyn being number 1. Uncanny how similar it is to the fortunes of the SA test side. They were consistently number 1 for probably the longest period this decade since the Australian team of the 00s, and since being dethroned, the top ranked test teams will keep playing musical chairs just like top ranked test bowlers

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carlos' innings makes it harder now. If they want to bring Cummins/Joseph in I'm not sure who they'll drop. I'd probably go for Chase, looks like a nothing bowler really.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It is sooner than ideal but with Roach bowling at 40% capacity and Taylor calling it quits our fast bowling is suddenly at an all-time low. So they've had no choice but to bring him in IMHO. He has all the physical tools needed to be an outstanding test match fast bowler (pace, bounce, seam, swing, hostility). It remains to be seen if he can develop the patience to bowl the required line and length. There have been a couple of occasions already in FC cricket where he got carried away and bowled too short. As Prince EWS said, he might not play anyway but it's great to have him around the squad.

Anyway, it's about time West Indies fans had something to get excited about in test cricket. My left field lineup is:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Carlos Braithwaite (opens for his club, couldn't be worse than Chandrika, frees up a spot)
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood (on thin ice!)
Royston Chase
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder
Devendra Bishoo
Miguel Cummins/Alzarri Joseph (whoever looks better in the nets)
Shannon Gabriel

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It is sooner than ideal but with Roach bowling at 40% capacity and Taylor calling it quits our fast bowling is suddenly at an all-time low. So they've had no choice but to bring him in IMHO.
Been hearing Langer go on and on about WI fast bowling future though.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Been hearing Langer go on and on about WI fast bowling future though.
The talent is there. Even in our Under 19 tournament that has just started there are 2 or 3 bowling extremely quickly. The issue is that none of them are ready for test cricket and the FC experience is rubbish because they play on pitches tailor made for spinners and bell opening spells of 3 or 4 overs and then that's pretty much it because the spinners bowl the opposition out.