• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In these slow, heavy conditions, Gasquet's one-hander is a thing of absolute beauty. He's absolutely ripping the ball with those long backswings.

Not watching Wawrinka but I'm guessing it must be the same with him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gasquet looked so helpless and **** in the first 3 games of the first set. The turnaround since then has been incredible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
where has this come from all of a sudden from Muzz? from that double fault he has been brilliant

Niall

International Coach
Yep, he's cooked.
Its a shame this, because Richard has downed tools here as it was a cracking match before that.

I suppose if you can mess up against Bourque, it can happen again, but hard to see how Gasquet comes back unless Murray has an LOL collapse.

Niall

International Coach
Pretty anti climatic the last 2 sets, huge drop off from Gasquet in the last 2 sets although obviously Murray was much more consistent.

I think these conditions like others are made for Stan and he has played himself nicely into this, think he beats Murray and to be honest, it would be better for the Slam for Stan to win as he has more of a chance against Novak in a final.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Pretty anti climatic the last 2 sets, huge drop off from Gasquet in the last 2 sets although obviously Murray was much more consistent.

I think these conditions like others are made for Stan and he has played himself nicely into this, think he beats Murray and to be honest, it would be better for the Slam for Stan to win as he has more of a chance against Novak in a final.
Just caught the highlights and after watching Murray and Stan, think if it remains as cool as it has been Stan has the edge on Murray ..if they both play at their best should be a great match...would like Stan to go through and beat Djokovic in the final( if he reaches such).

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'd really like to see Andy Murray in a Grand Slam Final with a "lesser" opponent on the other side of the net to see how he would cope. It's always been Federer or Djokovic.