• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah its solid as. This is a bloke who double bagelled Berdych.
Haven't watched much of him recently.. watched some of Murray's win over him in the Davis Cup final and Federer dismantling him a couple of times. Perhaps it's improved, or he makes up for it with other aspects of his game. Mind you, people said the same about Murray's forehand in the beginning of his career.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When Goffin first started beating good players I was "wtf" too, and lost a bit of money betting against him thinking "surely he'll lose to X" but then you watch just how solid he is and how many balls he gets too. He is a very very good player nowadays, and as I type, just came back twice from a break to take the first set from Them.

Niall

International Coach
This is such a non contest. Wahhh. Show the THiem match ffs Fox Sports
Ah man.

Unless you have money on Novak or Berdych, then I have to ask why on earth would you watch this match? :blink:

Thiem match is easy to find online, rather that on a crappy stream than a non contest as usual with Roger and Novak in HD.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cox Foxtel are showing the Novak match. Im watching Thiem online but i'd rather it on my tv in HD

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's broken again to lose the set.

Show Thiem vs. Goffin now ffs. So tight in that match, lots of twists and turns

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lucky he still won the set, and broke back to go even in the third. Tight match.

Meanwhile Berdych gave one of the longest wahhhhhhs in recent tennis history during that rain delay

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goffin's forehand is truly dire, many WTA players would smash winners off it. Think Thiem's ceiling is much higher than him TBH.

Berdych will do his usual QF capitulation against a top player, might just about take one set to a tiebreak. Ultimate flat-track bully.

Would like Reeshard to upset Andy here, he's been excellent in this tournament so far. But I think it will go 4 or 5 sets and Murray's superior fitness will see him through.
I really should bet on sports (not that it should take an expert to be able to predict that :p).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So it's been the rainiest May in Paris since 1867, the Louvre needs to evacuate, and we're still only one day behind schedule.

It's not only tradition that has kept RG from building a roof, it's also a return-on-investment thing

Niall

International Coach
So anyone give thiem any chance at all against the djoker?
Has the power to hit off the court ala Stan last year and ran him close in Miami recently, plenty of break points.

Obviously Novak is strong fav and rightfully so, but defo won't be easy as it was today for Novak.

Novak to come through in 4 tough sets is the dull call.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Serena was down a set, a break and her opponent had 40-15 to go 2-0 up in the second.

Serena was still even odds to win :laugh: Solid

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Hoping to get home in time to watch the Murray - Stan match.. And hoping there's no more rain too