• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hopefully for your sake Grimsby still have the 'were a league club' chip on their shoulder and wont play the way many clubs have at yours.

Also hope Alty can do you a favour, as they are in dire need of it to stand a chance of staying up.
There's a chance.

Reckon we'll win at Eastleigh, we are excellent away. So it'll go to the wire but at this stage of the season you don't want to be looking at other results

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Booking players for it would work just as well if a ref had the balls.

Or just outright punching them.
'if you start booking players for that then we'll end up with 7 a side'

Or, players might learn to shut their mouths.

While I'm on a mini rant about stuff that refs just let players away with, since when was it OK for players to just stand 2 yards away from the ball at free kicks without being spoken to?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep it's what people don't get unless they've experienced it, players come to these games against once established League teams and play like it's a cup match, whilst they couldn't give a **** when playing someone like Braintree.

It's just such a frustrating division.
Yeah, we were so lucky to get up in one season with the worst year of football I have ever witnessed (worse to watch than when we got relegated which people struggle to believe) and I never want us to end up there again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
'if you start booking players for that then we'll end up with 7 a side'

Or, players might learn to shut their mouths.

While I'm on a mini rant about stuff that refs just let players away with, since when was it OK for players to just stand 2 yards away from the ball at free kicks without being spoken to?
Oh it's the worst

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember them actually bothering to do free kick stats one time for the Premiership. It would be about 15-20 years ago. One guy was 1 in 3, around Beckham's time and it definitely wasn't him. I'll let people have a guess to who it was.

Uppercut

65 is a crazy number now that I think about it. Works out at about 4.5 per season, almost nobody manages to maintain a record like that. Def not Zola. Maybe Juninho or Pirlo, possibly Mihaijlovic, but I'm really just guessing here. Beckham was definitely one of the best.

Uppercut

I think I could have saved half of those. Trying to remember how many he got for England. Greece (after about 30 terrible dead ball deliveries/shots), Columbia a cross that went in against Slovakia. Any others?
Ecuador at the World Cup IIRC.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm calling bull**** on the Zola stat BTW.
I'm sure lifetime he's not as good, they probably had a reasonably small sample size. There'll be some bias in *which* free kicks he chose to take, I don't imagine him trying to welly one in from 35 yards which is obviously a much lower percentage than his dinky ones from 20-25 yards out.