• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, a bloke who was much more powerfully built (Kaushal) got half of them below 15 degrees. People like Murali who are unbelievably hypermobile can get everything below 15 given the freaky physiology and biomechanics they have.
tbf you actually sound like you know what you're talking about ITT, which is more than you can say about anyone else

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not the extension which is the issue. It's the use of the elbow for force which goes against the essence what the old law stood for. It's possible to bowl the Yorker and bouncer legally. Not that all club bowlers and some intl bowlers do it legally
Replace extension with angular velocity. Point still stands. How do you KNOW the doosra is the worst?

cnerd123

likes this
tbf you actually sound like you know what you're talking about ITT, which is more than you can say about anyone else
IIRC Migara is a bio-med student and has actually played cricket (as a spinner) to a fairly high level in Sri Lanka.

Only ever shows up to post about chucking too :P

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Even below 15 should be chuck depending upon use of elbow as force. That's why doosra should be outlawed.

TheJediBrah

IIRC Migara is a bio-med student and has actually played cricket (as a spinner) to a fairly high level in Sri Lanka.

Only ever shows up to post about chucking too :P
I did Bio-Med for my first degree and the Advanced Doosra wasn't an available class

different in Sri Lanka I guess

OverratedSanity

If you bowl the doosra, you will see how the elbow is used to bowl the ball. That would be noticeable when one measures velocity.
Unfortunately you and I would definitely chuck the doosra. But that's just because we don't have Murali's tendons and shoulder.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Even below 15 should be chuck depending upon use of elbow as force. That's why doosra should be outlawed.
You are going in circles. You haven't given any measurement to distinguish chucking vs non-chucking use of elbow.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have not seen a way to bowl it without chucking it, as I understand chucking.
Brilliant. So you understand chucking to the level to know it without testing. I think ICC can replace their multi-million accredited testing facilities with Pratters to look at the bowler and call for illegal actions.

What a champ!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I will believe Holding and Bedi on cricket over some scientists who don't understand what cricket is, thanks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I will believe scientists on angular velocity and elbow flex over someone who does not understand what "chucking" is, thanks.