• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Smith vs Kane Williamson

Gob

International Coach
Who is the better bowler?

Since it is pretty clear who the better batsman is (Smitteh by far) lets concentrate on their bowling

important Stats

Smitteh 16 @ 49
Kane 27 @ 37

stats are heavily in favor of small daddy kane but Smitteh has a first class 7 fer

thoughts?

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Kane will finish up the better batsman, may take 5 years or so to overtake him

Steve by far the better bowler, no contest.

Gob

International Coach
I was wondering how many posts it will take for someone to bring their batting in to discussion and well it didn't take very long

btw if Kane isn't better than Smitteh now as a batsman then there is no way he will over take him in five years. Smitteh is going in to the warp drive over the next few years

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
How many "Kane Williamson v insert name" are running around on CW now. Steven Smith to go the way of Darren Bravo after this.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reminder good batsmen only average 55+ and must average a century every three matches, no more.

Also in regards to bowling, Smith wins automatically by merit of his worst balls always get wickets, something Kane Williamschuck could never dream of.

Flem274*

123/5
just like in all other pursuits, big daddy kane flattens him in the bowling stakes. no contest.

i expect this to be a non-parochial and polite thread.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kane will finish up the better batsman, may take 5 years or so to overtake him

Steve by far the better bowler, no contest.
First part: lol

Second part: I guess but if you were allowed to chuck I'd prefer KW in limited overs at least

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I would love to have it out over the batting which I believe Kane to be far better at Steve's purple patch notwithstanding. But it will be far off the topic of the thread which is their bowling.

Actually it is quite funny now I think of it.

Aesthetically Steve Smith has a beautiful action and is a technically superior bowler. He is the one I give the nod to.

Aesthetically Kane is an attractive batsman and is technically superior. He is the one I give the nod to for that department.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Agree with Hurricane. Williamson at least as good with the bat, for the reason that Smith's having a good run and won't always be this good. But Smith could make a superb allrounder if he really wanted to. Would be on the order of Kallis if he could maintain that batting and reach his full potential with the ball.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
England didn't figure out that Williamson can't turn the ball now that he doesn't chuck. Somewhat hilarious.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I would love to have it out over the batting which I believe Kane to be far better at Steve's purple patch notwithstanding. But it will be far off the topic of the thread which is their bowling.

Actually it is quite funny now I think of it.

Aesthetically Steve Smith has a beautiful action and is a technically superior bowler. He is the one I give the nod to.

Aesthetically Kane is an attractive batsman and is technically superior. He is the one I give the nod to for that department.
What weaknesses does Smith have that can be exploited by more than 2-3 bowlers in the world consistently in order to get him down?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What weaknesses does Smith have that can be exploited by more than 2-3 bowlers in the world consistently in order to get him down?
I am more than happy to have this conversation but am just worried that it is not on topic of the thread (ie bowling abilities).

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All right let me just sleep on it as I have turned into bed and I want to spend a decent amount of time on my reply. I fear my answer will be short but honest as I have some answers but not all of them.