• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

FBU

International Debutant
Can't believe how good the Aussie bowlers are with the bat. Marsh, Cummins and Lyon top scorers.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith got a blob against a bloke who doesn't move it off the straight (although he is quick tbf), not a great sign.
Just saw the "highlights" and tbf it was a very good ball

If you want a laugh, checkout Watto's dismissal - dead straight, medium-paced full ball that he played all across

Like an instant replay of so many of his other dismissals

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Chambers is distinctly not terrible. Zero consistency, but can bowl the odd beauty.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I really do feel like Cummins should play. Reactionary? Yeah, but FMD he's got the ability to be an absolute gun and I want to see him bowl with the red ball again.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I really do feel like Cummins should play. Reactionary? Yeah, but FMD he's got the ability to be an absolute gun and I want to see him bowl with the red ball again.
My reservations are fitness based. He has only been bowling 10 overs a day and hasn't played FC really since his injuries started. A breakdown during a test would suck for him and the team.

Compton

International Debutant
My reservations are fitness based. He has only been bowling 10 overs a day and hasn't played FC really since his injuries started. A breakdown during a test would suck for him and the team.
Bowled 20 overs in a day against Northants. No reason he'd have to bowl more than that in a day against England.

Then again, with Australia's batting lineup, he won't get much of a rest between innings.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I keep forgetting this Test is a thing. For a split second I even wondered why they were playing a three-day warmup before the one dayers.

It's weird too because I'll win a lot of money if it's a draw (bet on England 3-1 as the series score before it started) so I should be invested. It's just such a meh.
It is a thing though as if we win we go above Australia in the rankings into 2nd place.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok so it's only a pretty ordinary county lineup but is anyone really surprised that Cummins has stood up when virtually everyone else bar Marsh has failed? #pleasedontbreakhim
Yeah, exactly. Some blokes just know how to cricket. No FC cricket in two years, Bowls his balls off with the best economy then top-scores with the bat. Right now, there's no 'form' for a guy that good, if he's fit you pick him because he does the business himself and lifts everyone around him.

It was astounding how many times he hit the winning runs for NSW last year. Always brings value to the game.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, exactly. Some blokes just know how to cricket. No FC cricket in two years, Bowls his balls off with the best economy then top-scores with the bat. Right now, there's no 'form' for a guy that good, if he's fit you pick him because he does the business himself and lifts everyone around him.

It was astounding how many times he hit the winning runs for NSW last year. Always brings value to the game.
Or we could just play Siddle!

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I realise this has probably been brought up but the bowlers while not great haven't exactly been the biggest issue. They've tried pretty much every batsman in the touring party already haven't they?

91Jmay

International Coach
Hazelwood has been very poor so has well earned his dropping. Cummins I've never seen play outside of a warm up game vs PMIX and some ODIs where he got smashed about by Bell a little bit. His hype is through the roof though and his test figures against SA very impressive so I am excited to see him play.