• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyth just feels like someone who'll come in, score the odd hundred or fifty here or there but ultimately average 30-35 before being dropped for the next big thing.
We have got to stop doing this at some point. Not seen anything like enough of him really, his first class record is very similar to those that we have already tried though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Lyth just feels like someone who'll come in, score the odd hundred or fifty here or there but ultimately average 30-35 before being dropped for the next big thing.
Yeah, I dont see him playing 20 Tests. Not because he isnt decent but there will always be a 21-24 yr old with potential who is more exciting than the solid option (Yorkshire have at least 2 themselves at the moment.)

I hope I am wrong, he is a nice lad, good servant to Yorkshire cricket, I am happy he can call himself a Test cricketer now but he appears the definition of a place holder in the England team.

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Yeah, I dont see him playing 20 Tests. Not because he isnt decent but there will always be a 21-24 yr old with potential who is more exciting than the solid option (Yorkshire have at least 2 themselves at the moment.)
I don't think he'll last the ashes and they'll make a call on Hales.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who needs that KP fella?
It's easy to be wise after the event. It could and should have been so different at 30-4 on the first morning. Australia would have been so ruthless in that situation. They shouldn't have scored over 150, at worst 170.

If we are honest, I don't think KP will be back. I think this is why they opted for the 'Yes Man' Bayliss ahead of Gillespie, who I think would have wanted greater say in team selections. I would bring in Bairstow or Hales to open with Cook. I wonder if England should play Buttler as a batsman only and let Bairstow keep? If Bairstow keeps then I would have have him at 7 and Buttler promoted to 4 or 5 and have Bell open (or maybe Ballance as a long term option). I haven't been convinced with Buttler as far as WK is concerned. He doesn't have the litheness required for a WK.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Haha ya I put a small amount on that NZ one 5 minutes back.

...I already have a big amount for 2-0 series win for NZ - if I didn't put a small amount on this test now, and they go on to win this one and draw Headingley I would've ended up being very unhappy.
It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
By the way, I think it's time for a modern skin on this forum as this site looks so early 2000s. But then again, It could of course be deliberate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's easy to be wise after the event. It could and should have been so different at 30-4 on the first morning. Australia would have been so ruthless in that situation. They shouldn't have scored over 150, at worst 170.

If we are honest, I don't think KP will be back. I think this is why they opted for the 'Yes Man' Bayliss ahead of Gillespie, who I think would have wanted greater say in team selections. I would bring in Bairstow or Hales to open with Cook. I wonder if England should play Buttler as a batsman only and let Bairstow keep? If Bairstow keeps then I would have have him at 7 and Buttler promoted to 4 or 5 and have Bell open (or maybe Ballance as a long term option). I haven't been convinced with Buttler as far as WK is concerned. He doesn't have the litheness required for a WK.
Bairstow to open, what have you been smoking?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand probably shouldn't have earned the right to be aggressive.

More seriously though, good quality cricket match. Both sides played well, but England had the better of the big moments and deserved to win. Stokes is a strange cricketer. Seems odd that he can bat like a gem at 6, yet at 7-8 look stupid. Good for England to see Cook score some big runs too. And I'm gonna be sick of Joe Root with time, I think he's the one player that can stand up to our bowling.

Spark

Global Moderator
yes. bairstow to open. please do that.

please.

pretty please?

(my motives may not be pure in this respect)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I really wish McCullum would shut the **** up about "the brand of cricket" that NZ play. Corporate-speak bull**** like that is tough enough to stomach in the workplace, let alone on the sports field.