• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No i was talking about the fact that Kane is on an almost minimum contract for the IPL of 60k. So will probably earn about 50-55k with deductions for final series. He would have been available to play 40-50% of yorkshire summer and I dont know exactly what county payments are like but my guess is the money he would have earned would have been comparable.
That's not correct, Kane's IPL contract was for $125,000 (60 lakh).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Latham out for 7, Guptill 35. Rudds being a pain at #3 29* :mellow:

Edit: Cricinfo listing Williamson in the 15, itstl.

GGG

State Captain
Hamish is going to ton up. Williamson may get a bat in the second innings, not a first class game so they can play him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hamish is going to ton up. Williamson may get a bat in the second innings, not a first class game so they can play him.
He's not been released yet (afaik) because KP is injured and not replacing him, so it remains to be seen if he'll get some game time.

Meridio

International Regular
Do we take Latham and Guptill opening together as a sign that that's the preferred partnership for the test?

Meridio

International Regular
FFS Worcestershire, surely you can get Rutherford out?

Not a great effort with the bat so far. A number of guys getting starts but not going on.

indiaholic

International Captain
Are any of the NZers scared that the team will be undercooked going into the first game? Williamson, BMac, Southee and Boult are still at the IPL. I can easily see us being terrible for some time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Are any of the NZers scared that the team will be undercooked going into the first game? Williamson, BMac, Southee and Boult are still at the IPL. I can easily see us being terrible for some time.
Literally every NZ poster on here is, from what I've seen. Hard not to be really, with zero preparation for arguably the four most key players. And in KW's case, he hasn't been getting any game time, let alone in the red ball format.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just read this tweet from Michael Vaughan:

"Can someone just admit the last 18 months has been a Utter F Up for English Cricket .. And let's just start again..."

Interesting that these 18 months have coincided neatly with NZ's upswing (and all this began just after the previous series between the two in 2013). Maddening to think that NZ on this basis would be utter favourites going into the series, but the preparation (or lack of it in NZ's case) threatens to nullify that.

I'm banking on KW arranging a marathon Duke Ball net session against Boult/Steyn under the Bangalore cloud cover today.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Of all the late arrivals Williamson's probably the best placed to be able to compensate given he at least has recent experience of English conditions