• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Funny. For years I've been looking forward to Henry in the blackcaps with southee and boult (and especially with a duke). But now that it is possibly near I'm worried about the bowling cake to icing ratio.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised that Anderson was released by MI considering they have a knockout coming up. Good on them. It's for the same match that Williamson will be carrying drinks in as well.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
PEWS was just vouching for some of Hales' sixes this weekend, wasn't he. That's who they were allowed to replace Anderson with.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Southee-Boult-Henry-Wheeler pls.

I don't think it'd be especially effective as an attack, but man would it be ***y to watch.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, Dan's just saying what he'd like to see. It's just a young urban Aussie's daydreaming and ideological wetness though, because Craig is 100% confirmed by Hesson as in.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Unlucky to strike such sunny conditions, you'd have to say. Not enough in the air for a bowler like him to threaten left-handers with an lbw, apart from when he tried to knock them off their feet.

Wagner beat the bat twice in his 14 overs, the filter says.

Howsie

International Captain
Surprised that Anderson was released by MI considering they have a knockout coming up. Good on them. It's for the same match that Williamson will be carrying drinks in as well.
I'd love to hear from Williamson as to why he wasn't given an early release. Given that Bopara isn't in the playing XI anymore he isn't even the first backup batsman so why the need to keep him around I have no idea. Only explanation is that Tom Moody is a Williamson hater and he's doing his best to sabatage him, yeah I'll roll with that......

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If Warner injured himself or got suspended, who would you prefer to open with out of Bopara and Williamson though, if you were Moody.

Do players like Williamson have the ability to set their own 'must leave by' dates before they head into the auction btw, anyone?

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Warner injured himself or got suspended, who would you prefer to open with out of Bopara and Williamson though, if you were Moody.

Do players like Williamson have the ability to set their own 'must leave by' dates before they head into the auction btw, anyone?
I'm sure as per any employment situation you're able to set your own criteria at the risk of opting for someone else?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Extra incentive for Brendon McCullum, Mark Craig and Neil Wagner to do well in the first test (if all are selected), following the news today that Albion legend (and that phrase isn't used lightly) Warwick Larkins died overnight. Brendon in particular (and Nathan) knew Warwick very well - Nathan has already tweeted about him.

25 years as club president until he stood down in 2000 and he did everything around the club up until the last few months - will leave a massive gap.