• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting the only "one and only"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiJlzVzvRas&feature=youtu.be

And also, Shakespeare started poetry when he was 12, T.S. Eliot when he was 14 and Coleridge when he was 15.

I started poetry when I was ten, only two men win from me. Its Muhammad Iqbal and Ghalib of Urdu who started it when they were 9 and 10 respectively.

Edit: And yes, Persian poet Sheikh Saadi wins from all of them.
Furthermore, my poetry is better than Coleridge's first poetry which was published when he was around 17.
No, it isn't. Your poetry is ****ing dreadful.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Since you're from Pakistan, can you write a poem about my all-time favourite bowler, Wasim Akram?
lets start:

That swing was blowing
and it was raining wickets
Batsmen were flowing
And Wasim was gaining wickets

His ball would pitch twice
Once on pitch and once on stumps
Call him son of a bitch twice
for the wickets and for the bumps

cpr

International Coach
If only there was another word that rhymed with wicket, especially one cricket relat.... oh.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
lets start:

That swing was blowing
and it was raining wickets
Batsmen were flowing
And Wasim was gaining wickets

His ball would pitch twice
Once on pitch and once on stumps
Call him son of a bitch twice
for the wickets and for the bumps

Great poem, can you a write a poem on "strock" and "foam" aswell...

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
If only there was another word that rhymed with wicket, especially one cricket relat.... oh.
Err. What??

Great poem, can you a write a poem on "strock" and "foam" aswell...
I can't do that good when it comes to cricket abilities, I had already written a poem about timing, middling and stoke and I took it from there:
The main is the timing thing
Its possessor is a shining thing

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I can't do that good when it comes to cricket abilities, I had already written a poem about timing, middling and stoke and I took it from there:
All right, do you write only poems? You should try writing short stories. Maybe you can write one on Afridi.