• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

Flem274*

123/5
wtf come on afghanistan. you're not very good at batting but you're not this bad.

hoping for a scotland-esque recovery here.

in saying that mortaza is a very underrated bowler.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mortaza isn't underrated at all. He's injury prone, talented and can be loose when he gets smacked.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
The bowlers bailing out the batting and ****ty selection tactics from the coach so far. Can't revert to the typical passive captaincy that cost them in the Asia Cup, considering they're a bowler short.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Go big Shenwari. I don't think I'm the only one who wants him to perform well after what happened to him today while bowling.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah but he gets completely forgotten about

Not by me, I just remembered I selected him in my WC draft side :cool: & I'm in desperate need of points. He was still available quite late in the nomination phase, so yeah, many forgot him.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
mirwais ashraf looks like he took the skin off his head, put his helmet on and put the skin over the helmet. an extremely rough looking head

Zinzan

So still the best 2 batsmen at the crease for the Afghans? I'm merely going by the stats.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, same here & ironically for the opposite reason to what Bleed_Blue's been spouting on about - That being, the minnows have made the WC for me so far.
For me, that's what World Cups in all sports are about. A chance for lesser nations and players to showcase their talents against the big boys for a couple of weeks, maybe give one or two of them a bloody nose in the process, then we get down to the knockout phase and that's where the real action starts.

Cricket, for some reason, doesn't seem to like this at all. We get the same 8-10 teams playing each other constantly at international level and the game's governing body seems to have decided that what we need is the same 8-10 teams playing each other constantly at the World Cup.

It's ****ing dire and it's one of the reasons I'm going off cricket.

_Ed_

Hope he proves me wrong, but right now Mangal is heading for a prominent place in the Crap Innings Thread.