• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I thought of this question without thinking of Phil Hughes - he didnt occur to me until I had researched the answer. He wasnt the point of this question and I hope no one takes offense. Hughes will not be included as an answer to this question.

Name three players who died at an age below their Test batting average - EDIT: min of 5 Tests and no Bradman. (see post below)

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman has to be one surely.

Andy Ganteaume another.

Archie Jackson a third?
All three are correct :) However, if I am allowed, I had meant to add a min of 5 Tests and no Bradman. Had not had chance to edit :)

Jackson counts as one if I am allowed the edit.

cnerd123

likes this
Really struggling to come up with a third off the top of my head. I figure it's someone who might have died in WW1 or WW2. No recent cricketer who has died young pops into my head at the moment.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
There you go. That is three. Could also have had Victor Trumper and Collie Smith

Last edited: