• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Howe_zat

Audio File
Next one - Joe Root just became the 8th player to make a fifty in 10 consecutive matches. I'll give you the dates.

1. ________10 matches (1969-71)
2. Viv Richards - 11 matches (1976-77) - fredfertang
3. Gautam Gambhir - 11 matches (2008-10) - vcs
4. ________11 matches (2009-10)
5. Sachin Tendulkar - 10 matches (2009-10) - vcs
6. ________12 matches (2012-14)
7. Mominul Haque - 11 matches (2013-15) - Suspicious Bijed
8. Joe Root - 10 matches (2016-17)

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is 3 Gambhir?

EDIT: I'm suspecting Sachin for 4 or 5

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Was 1 Gavaskar?

EDIT
Nope. But I just googled it, so I'll leave it there.
Suffice to say that I'm appalled that I couldn't work out the 1976/77 one.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Next one - Joe Root just became the 8th player to make a fifty in 10 consecutive matches. I'll give you the dates.

1. ________10 matches (1969-71)
2. ________11 matches (1976-77)
3. ________11 matches (2008-10)
4. ________11 matches (2009-10)
5. ________10 matches (2009-10)
6. ________12 matches (2012-14)
7. ________ 11 matches (2013-15)
8. Joe Root, 10 matches (2016-17)
OS to comment

2 might be Botham, judging by wpdavid's hint?

Bijed

International Regular
Yes, though I am certain you have cheated
How dare you! ;)

Nah, when you said no-one will get it, my immediate reaction was because it'd be someone from an unlikely team such as Bangladesh and I remembered that Mominul had a very good start to his career.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Let's give this a bit of a nudge, if I may. For 1, he's the opening partner of the guy that English cricket supporters would have expected to be in the list at that time

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
John Edrich, then.
Yup. I was expecting Boycs, but JE it was, being helped by barely playing in the 1970 ROW series. Still a fine batsman of course.

I'll shut up there before Howez tells me to leave his thread alone.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cook is the 2nd away player to make a ton at the 5 major Australian grounds (Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney)

Who is the first?