• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looking back on it, that Williamson dismissal in the first innings was such a pivotal moment in the test. If he'd survived it, and gone on to bat long with Latham, then New Zealand would've in all likelihood made enough runs in the first innings to save the test.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, good point. Thought he was around 25-26.

Still, though, lots of spinners get away with being erratic in FC cricket where lots of batsmen arent good enough to wait for the loose delivery and put it away ruthlessly. These guys are found out brutally when they're exposed to test cricket, often even if they are selected quite late.
Case and Point: Imran Tahir.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Kane Williamson reminds me so much of a young SRT whenever I see him bat. Lovely strokes, the last two.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
This is in response to Blocky's comments with regards to Sodhi.

You seem to have sort some of agenda when it comes to Ish. For christs sake, the guys 22 years old and a spinner, in an age where containment and limited overs seem to be the requirements. Whats even more refreshing is that he's a leggie and tbh, Sodhi's ceiling is far greater than Mark Craig's when it's all said and done, hence the investment and extended run Sodhi will get. He can only get better, that will come with training and playing at a high level consistently. Now there is an argument definitely that he isn't the best in the country right now, but lets be honest, there not much to choose from currently and genuine spinners are few and far between, with domestic cricket littered with bits and pieces cricketers.

Also, Jono Boult is not better than Sodhi lol, like do you not see this? Jono Boult isn't close to being teh best off spinner in the country, yet Ish is the best leggie we got, or was that comment you made purely for the ND A situation.

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to posting? I don't get it. It's like you know the workings of NZ cricket but assume the rest of us are idiots without the inside knowledge that you, and only you possess.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Also, Jono Boult is not better than Sodhi lol, like do you not see this? Jono Boult isn't close to being teh best off spinner in the country, yet Ish is the best leggie we got, or was that comment you made purely for the ND A situation.
Nah, Astle routinely outbowls Ish in FC and A cricket.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
This is in response to Blocky's comments with regards to Sodhi.

You seem to have sort some of agenda when it comes to Ish. For christs sake, the guys 22 years old and a spinner, in an age where containment and limited overs seem to be the requirements. Whats even more refreshing is that he's a leggie and tbh, Sodhi's ceiling is far greater than Mark Craig's when it's all said and done, hence the investment and extended run Sodhi will get. He can only get better, that will come with training and playing at a high level consistently. Now there is an argument definitely that he isn't the best in the country right now, but lets be honest, there not much to choose from currently and genuine spinners are few and far between, with domestic cricket littered with bits and pieces cricketers.

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to posting? I don't get it. It's like you know the workings of NZ cricket but assume the rest of us are idiots without the inside knowledge that you, and only you possess.
But doesn't ish average around 50 now? :shock: people have had a go at Narine his test stats and yet seem to turn a blind eye when it comes to young Ish...no point being in denial...he's either good enough or he's not.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have not watched enough of this series to assess Rahat Ali's spells but whenever I have seen him, I have liked his bowling. Would trouble batsmen on a more helpful pitch and can be developed into a good third seamer.

cnerd123

likes this
But doesn't ish average around 50 now? :shock: people have had a go at Narine his test stats and yet seem to turn a blind eye when it comes to young Ish...no point being in denial...he's either good enough or he's not.
Highlight to me where CharlesLara said that Ish is 'good enough'?

And while you're at it, can you find me one thread in CW where you've posted in without mentioning Narine?

Kthnxbai.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Nah, Astle routinely outbowls Ish in FC and A cricket.
Yeah I see the FC side of things, but thats experience. Astle is 28 and arguably should be in bowling prime, most things should be figured out and its just a matter of pure execution. Ish has shown more than anyone else in recent times at that young an age, the last investment spin wise New Zealand made was Vettori.

I personally would of liked to have seen Tastle given a longer run even at home, as spin bowling here vs sub-continent is markedly different and the bounce here is a huge asset.