• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I suppose he's better than Bresnan.

What happened to Topley and all those U19 stars (the two brothers)? No good?
The Overtons def have potential once they get past the stereotypical young quick's injury woes, but I can't see Topley being a quality limited overs bowler.

Very much an English sort of seamer who nibbles it around on a good length at just over 80mph. Think he'd be fodder on flat decks.

See also Woakes.

BeeGee

International Captain
IF SL and SA tie on points, isn't it the winner of the SL vs SA going through?
Nope. It's based on NRR. Head to head result only comes into it if the NRRs are identical. See below:

If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Group stage then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Group stage will be placed in the higher position

GGG

State Captain
Thats new then, my understanding is that it has always been if two teams are equal on points then the the team the beat the other in an earlier match goes through and three teams are equal then it comes down to run rate.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Thank God Dernbach's been dropped, reckon he could have cleaned up here and kept his place again.