• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Howsie

International Captain
ND thinking they have enough to support two teams for all cricket:lol:
Brad Wilson, Daniel Flynn, Joe Carter, Daryl Mitchell, Anton Devcich, Scott Styris, Scott Kuggeleijn, Jono Boult, Ish Sodhi, Anurag Verma, Graeme Aldridge, James Baker, Cam Fletcher, Jono Hickey, Tamati Clarke, Tim Seifert, Bharat Popli, Brett Hampton, Tony Goodin, Mitchell Santner, Joe Walker to just name a few. Oh and then you have the likes of Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson, Daniel Vettori, BJ Watling, Tim Southee and Trent Boult.

Yeah I think we might be alright...

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I'd be interested in a Joe Walker update. He took bags of wickets a few years ago at Prov A, and Hawke Cup but then took none in Plunket Shield and NZ U19s and eventually missed NZ U19 World Cup squad.

How far off a Sodhi-less ND team is he at the moment?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Brad Wilson, Daniel Flynn, Joe Carter, Daryl Mitchell, Anton Devcich, Scott Styris, Scott Kuggeleijn, Jono Boult, Ish Sodhi, Anurag Verma, Graeme Aldridge, James Baker, Cam Fletcher, Jono Hickey, Tamati Clarke, Tim Seifert, Bharat Popli, Brett Hampton, Tony Goodin, Mitchell Santner, Joe Walker to just name a few. Oh and then you have the likes of Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson, Daniel Vettori, BJ Watling, Tim Southee and Trent Boult.

Yeah I think we might be alright...
Yep. Two teams.

Northern Districts and Northern Districts A.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep. Two teams.

Northern Districts and Northern Districts A.
A full strength Northern Districts A team would probably run most teams close...

1. Mitchell Santner
2. Joe Carter
3. Bharat Popli
4. Jono Hickey
5. Anton Devcich
6. Brett Hampton
7. Cam Fletcher
8. Scott Kuggeleign
9. Ish Sodhi
10. James Baker
11. Tony Goodin

Jono Boult would probably be in there somewhere but I couldn't really fit him in with Santner there.

vandem

International 12th Man
Northern once again making early inroads with their left arm opening bowlers ...

... Devcich 1-0-1-2.

:-)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
82-ball ton for O'Donnell. Nice win for NZ U19s after making nine guys send down at least four overs (to get them all on camera or something).

vandem

International 12th Man
ND making it hard for themselves. Only chasing 6 rpo to win, but too much middle order consolidation and they now need 11 rpo from the last 4.

Edit, Styris still there and he's played enough T20 not to panic ...

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"Henry and Bennett is a tough assignment for BJ's skill set. Pamment underutilised Mitchell again, despite his shots off both feet" - Hesson

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
A full strength Northern Districts A team would probably run most teams close...

1. Mitchell Santner
2. Joe Carter
3. Bharat Popli
4. Jono Hickey
5. Anton Devcich
6. Brett Hampton
7. Cam Fletcher
8. Scott Kuggeleign
9. Ish Sodhi
10. James Baker
11. Tony Goodin

Jono Boult would probably be in there somewhere but I couldn't really fit him in with Santner there.
I wasn't sure about you before but after putting Devcich in an A side (and knowing full well he's the sort of bloke who googles himself and will see it) and leaving out J.Boult altogether (read as previous) I'm a big fan.

Few Auckland rejects in there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
RE: Australia in South Africa cricket (Feb 2014)

RSA Cricket have unreal expectations on the value of their cricket. We will continue to try and work with them.
Hah, Kippax was right.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wasn't sure about you before but after putting Devcich in an A side (and knowing full well he's the sort of bloke who googles himself and will see it)
He found a discussion about him on another forum a couple of years back and proceeded to turn the entire grade setup against a player who dared say they didn't rate him. :laugh:

So, confirmed. And hi Anton.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'd preface the following by saying I don't hate him, nor many people in the life at all. But having played against him, it seems to come naturally.
haha sweet. There's this fat **** I once played against that was somewhat average yet nonetheless inspired severe hatred from myself. I sympathise.