• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Binkley

U19 Captain
Less than an hour to go until we get test cricket again at last! Well, assuming the bad weather stays away. Weather.com says it is currently "mostly cloudy" in Chittagong with scattered thunderstorms around and a 60% chance of rain, with the chance of rain gradually declining as the day progresses to a 20% chance of rain by 5pm.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Today
Oct 9
86°F
73°F
Scattered T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN:
60%

WIND:
NNE at 4 mph
Details
Thu
Oct 10
92°
76°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
NW at 4 mph
Details
Fri
Oct 11
91°
76°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
NNW at 2 mph
Details
Sat
Oct 12
89°
76°
Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
NE at 3 mph
Details
Sun
Oct 13
87°
76°
Scattered T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN:
40%

WIND:
SE at 4 mph
Deta

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ batting. As expected, Sodhi and Anderson are in and Dougeh has grabbed the 2nd seamers spot ahead of Wagner.

It's been seen already, but it bears repeating one more time: this is horribly unfair on Brownlie and Wagner.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Determined to be excited at the optimistic selection of young talent like a good NZ cricket fan, rather than a disgruntled pragmatist.

Bracewell, Martin, Sodhi, Boult

God that's a horrible tail, especially with a debutant at 6. When I've thought in recent times on one of our young allrounders making his debut it's always been with Vettori or at least Todd Astle bolstering the lower order. Bracewell will need to contribute a few runs.

Flem274*

123/5
That's a decent tail tbh. Sodhi can dig in and from what I saw of the A series is surprisingly competent and correct for a lower order batsman.

Howsie

International Captain
Anderson and Sodhi!!! Awesome to see tbh. Honestly don't see a problem with that tail either.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's a decent tail tbh. Sodhi can dig in and from what I saw of the A series is surprisingly competent and correct for a lower order batsman.
It's only a decent tail if you think Bracewell and Sodhi's apparent batting ability is going to translate into runs starting now.

Martin is the only tail-ender in there that I have any confidence in, by which I mean that he's a reliable old-fashioned tail-ender that will bring a simple approach, hang around and score 15-20.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stuck watching the Cricinfo live scoring at work till 7:30. :(

Why are they insisting on giving us bowlers' economy rates on the live scoreboard instead of their average?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
From the naked eye I'd be surprised if either of them were hitting 130 with any consistency. Looks like they're settling in for a long day in the field.

Love that Ruds cover drive.

Heh, he dug that one in short and it barely got up to Fults' waist. Don't think we'll be seeing to many more of those.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
I quite like our batting line up, Bracewell and Sodhi have been getting runs, no better place to start converting it on the big stage..

I'm quite interested in the bowling, Bracewell very lucky. Would have a great look if southee was fit.

Far out spinner on already! Our guys have been **** house against spin lately.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
So we're playing against a low ranking nation who faces mediocre spinners day in and day out. Let's play three of them! [/thelogics]