• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just once I want a commentator to say that the next two overs are irrelevant. Next two overs the key warne? No matter what happens, the two overs after that are also gonna be key. Idiot.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely a Dhoni-type situation would make sense here to reduce risk. Take it to about 20 needed off one with plenty wickets in hand and go berserk.

Ruckus

International Captain
He hasn't done it for that reason though, has he? He's trying to jag a win. The fact it's entertaining is kind of incidental I think. But sure, good on him, I agree.
Yeah obv he's done it in an attempt to win. But, as you said, a mentality like that means entertainment is more often than not an incidental feature, and that should be appreciated (no matter what team you are following).

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Yep I agree.

If we were winning the series 3-0 I would be completely all for what we've done today. But we have to look at a draw away from home as a pass and a lose as a fail.
What about if we won though. You don't think the benefit of a getting a win on the board in an otherwise disappointing series would have been a risk worth taking?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah obv he's done it in an attempt to win. But, as you said, and mentality like that means entertainment is more often than not an incidental feature, and that should be appreciated (no matter what team you are following).
Losing a series by the biggest margin in the history of the Ashes while being competitive in most of the matches isn't appreciated by me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris off the field because his legs have finally given up, vindicating England's tactics of making Clarke bowl him into the ground on day three.
It would only be an Englishman who rejoices in an injury to a player.

He had a whole day off yesterday. Don't be saying he hasn't rested. Turgid argument.