• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes is a horrid ODI player. Just because he is marginally better than Turdbach doesn't mean should pick him. Plenty of other options, England A that played Deshi's last few games for some examples.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
bring mid-on and mid-off up a bit, they both tried to come down the wicket to gary and couldn't get to it. should be at least cutting off that single.

91Jmay

International Coach
I much prefer Trott scratching around like this, than in prior tests where he was trying to get on top of the bowling and got himself out.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For those who moaned about Cook, Root and Trott scoring slowly then take a look at KP and his strike rate. Rattling along isn't he? Maybe this pitch has just died and become hard to time it well on?

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Or maybe he's just come in and feeling the pressure because we have gone at a snail pace so doesn't want to take any chances?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with Warne. Cook is like an illegitimate heir to the throne. He was the only bloke they could give it to really and he got it.

We beat India due to them being absolutely turd and we have beaten Australia so everyone thinks that means you can't find a weak point. That's what Cook is. A fantastic batsmen but an awful Cricket captain.
Seems a bit hyperbolic. He might be overrated, unimaginative or not actually responsible for his teams success, which I think is Warne's point. But he's hardly awful.