• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah same. I think the Aussie think tank will think lets get 4 overs at England before tea. So that will be about 20 overs left for us to bat.

The issue I have with this is that yesterday afternoon appeared the best conditions for batting.
Yeah, I'm strongly of the opinion it's the wrong move, it's just what I think will happen. Conditions are probably at their best for batting right now, and Australia have got a really good platform with a quality set batsman. Why waste that and declare, leaving yourself with the possibility of having to get a high number of second innings runs, when conditions aren't as good, batsman aren't set etc. I probably wouldn't be declaring at all if I was in Clarke's shoes and would just try and get as many as possible. I'm a big fan of first innings runs.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nasser pointing out South Africa targeting Clarke with the short ball is a bit counter intuitive given he got double centuries in both the matches they're showing...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't had a chance to watch this morning. How was Warner received?
As if he'd run on the pitch bitchslapping patrons in the crowd whilst wielding a dead swan around his neck, got Cook in a headlock and started singing Waltzing Matilda whilst repeatedly rubbing his face in the pitch (about on a length on the right hander's off stump).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The crowd's been vocal in the last hour or so. Can only assume it's full of 45 year olds drinking and acting like they're 18 year olds.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interesting they're taking about hitting with and against the spin. I've always like the idea of playing against the spin, especially off break bowlers. Means you can give it the full face of the bat, like hitting straight against a seamer. When you try and work it with the spin you can't give it the full blade, like working into the leg side of a seamer.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting they're taking about hitting with and against the spin. I've always like the idea of playing against the spin, especially off break bowlers. Means you can give it the full face of the bat, like hitting straight against a seamer. When you try and work it with the spin you can't give it the full blade, like working into the leg side of a seamer.
You really expose the edges of the bat if you slightly misread the length though, can always go through the gate as well

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Are there any English supporters who wish Panesar played now? I just think Swann has been so much better against our left handers that Panesar would have troubled the RH more.