• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Same, unless they've decided they're only gonna bat for twenty more overs or so and hence decided to use all their wickets to pump up the score
It wouldn't surprise me if Clarke does a declaration not long after Lunch on say 450-500. I think they should definitely be going for more, but I think he'll declare early.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
it raises an interesting question of what the non-striker should say when the striker is 100% sure he didnt hit and can explain himself (eg i smacked the pad), keeping in mind clarke may not have been in the best position to see/hear the edge
They have obviously made some rules since the first test and from what it looks I think you're right. If the batsman is 100% on his feeling then you go with his call. I just don't think Clarke thought anything but out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Has the comm feed died down here? Surely Bumble and Warne can't have just gone an entire over without speaking.

Not complaining though, a pleasant change

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, i haven't been around since before lunch yesterday. What's the conclusion. Runway for the seamers but offering something to the spinner? Or have we just been ****?
Yeah, there's just no way Australia could possibly have batted well.

Ruckus

International Captain
Has the comm feed died down here? Surely Bumble and Warne can't have just gone an entire over without speaking.

Not complaining though, a pleasant change
Don't know about bumble, but Warne said he felt like a root so...

uvelocity

International Coach
it raises an interesting question of what the non-striker should say when the striker is 100% sure he didnt hit and can explain himself (eg i smacked the pad), keeping in mind clarke may not have been in the best position to see/hear the edge
hippopotamus

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Same, unless they've decided they're only gonna bat for twenty more overs or so and hence decided to use all their wickets to pump up the score
What on earth would be the point? Pitch isn't going to get any better for batting, just get as many as you can.

Spark

Global Moderator
What on earth would be the point? Pitch isn't going to get any better for batting, just get as many as you can.
This is Clarke we're talking about. Declares about two hours before most people even start thinking about it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the rate is fine. I know there's a few showers predicted but you can't play for that this early.
2-0 down, can kind of understand it if there's a realistic chance of rain. If it was 1-1 or we were leading the series, would be a different kettle of fish.