• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

dermo

International Vice-Captain
tbh if we lose the toss at least it puts off having to watch the impending collapse for a day or so

Riggins

International Captain
Raining today but hot and dry for the first 2 days of the test. Could be a big toss to win......can Ali Cook win 3 in a row?
nope, coin tosses are 50-50 so there's not much chance of him winning the next one after two wins in a row already.

:ph34r:

cameronryan123

Cricket Spectator
nope, coin tosses are 50-50 so there's not much chance of him winning the next one after two wins in a row already.

:ph34r:
Well each toss is independent of the other, so he has just as much chance this one as he has in the other ones, and every one in the future.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Team for tomorrow: Watson Rogers Khawaja Smith(pending fitness)Clarke Warner Haddin Siddle Starc Harris Lyon.Not surprise since our selectors are incompetent.That team ofcourse will get badly beaten.

My team would have been:

1.Warner
2.Rogers
3.Khawaja
4.Hughes
5.Clarke
6.Smith(if not fit then Watto).
7.Haddin
8.Siddle
9.Harris
10.Bird
11.Lyon

Hope I"m wrong with the selectors team but by all reports that will be the team.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Philhughesisbes said:
1.Warner
2.Rogers
3.Khawaja
4.Hughes
5.Clarke
6.Smith(if not fit then Watto).
7.Haddin
8.Siddle
9.Harris
10.Bird
11.Lyon
Watson may actually be better at 6 for all you know.

2 spinners may be a viable option assuming the pitch will be turning a lot after the first 2 days or so.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Surley they will not play Smith at 4?
Surely they shouldn"t pick Starc ahead of Bird ( but its pretty much confirm Starc is playing tomorrow).Even worse how could they contemplate batting Warner anywhere but opening is beyond me.The rationale is that Warner might not be technically equipt to deal with Anderson( yea right and Watson is).Can"t remember predicting an Aussie 11 and getting it right in the last 3 years, which might say a lot about my selecting ability or the fact that our selectors don"t have a clue.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely they shouldn"t pick Starc ahead of Bird ( but its pretty much confirm Starc is playing tomorrow).Even worse how could they contemplate batting Warner anywhere but opening is beyond me.The rationale is that Warner might not be technically equipt to deal with Anderson( yea right and Watson is).Can"t remember predicting an Aussie 11 and getting it right in the last 3 years, which might say a lot about my selecting ability or the fact that our selectors don"t have a clue.
I actually think Warner's the best person to put up against Anderson because Jimmeh doesn't react well to being smashed.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
I actually think Warner's the best person to put up against Anderson because Jimmeh doesn't react well to being smashed.
Tbf Twatto often whacks him for a few fours in the opening overs and it doesn't bother him but I suppose he knows it's only a matter of time before that massive pad presents itself for an LBW shout.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
The myth that Warner doesn"t have a good technique has all originated as a result of his 20 20 exploits.Warner"s technique is better than most give him credit for. He has proven himself up the order an now they"re playing him at 6.Selectors my moving batsmen all over the order are destroying careers.We need stability in the order.The constant changing and shifting isn"t helping the team.Had those selectors been thinking straight Warner would be the first opener picked.Warner is a much much better batsman than Watson and the only reason Watson should be in the team and batting to higher than 6 is because of his all round ability.Watson won"t score big hundreds consistently.He doesn't have the concentration to score big, why is he opening?

Last edited: