• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

dermo

International Vice-Captain
**** Rogers dismissal was pretty soft, especially seeing as he looked so solid leading up to it

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Smith was bloody good and he has obviously improved massively since the last time he played test cricket against England

Having said that, they fed his strengths (short and leg side) and the proof will be when and if they start dragging him forward outside off
Thought that, after a few initial edgy moments, he looked very solid in the corridor tbh. Played it very late.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** Rogers dismissal was pretty soft, especially seeing as he looked so solid leading up to it
there was a tweet ages ago about how county bowlers were basically aiming for that sort of dismissal when bowling against rogers ftr

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there was a tweet ages ago about how county bowlers were basically aiming for that sort of dismissal when bowling against rogers ftr
Done them a lot of good considering he averages plenty over there

I thought he looked pretty good and a class above someone like Cowan

The decision was definitely iffy and especially considering the appeal from Starc against Anderson that was turned down - Anderson's ball might have snicked the outside of the top of leg whilst Starc's would have flattened the stump

Spikey

"Mate, you are the best spinner in Australia. However, you have to prove it to others. Think wickets. Believe."

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Spikey

Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 10m
Dogs walked. Got a sweat on = muggy, cloudy. Big morning session ahead

we'll be done by lunch then

Ruckus

International Captain
did anyone catch smith and hughes batting yesterday? Did they look solid or was it edge-of-your-seat stuff?

dermo

did anyone catch smith and hughes batting yesterday? Did they look solid or was it edge-of-your-seat stuff?
Smith looked pretty solid by then, and Hughes was also surprisingly solid to, though Finn and Anderson had bowled a fair few overs then and weren't hooping the ball around like they had been

Burgey

Tbh mate, they had their moments. But really, it wasn't much more edge of your seat stuff than when most anyone else batted yesterday save Trott, who I thought was a stand out. They had some plays and misses but they put bad balls away, and in Smith's case he played a couple of pull shots from Finn, the second of which was up there in the running for shot of the day.

Really, neither side looks especially solid at all with the cue. Sounds obvious, I know. The difference IMO is England has blokes in their side who we know can and have done it even though a number of them have been poo for quite a while, whereas we have blokes who might be able to do it if they get in and get going, but who might end up being poo forever.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 10m
Dogs walked. Got a sweat on = muggy, cloudy. Big morning session ahead
You ****ing beauty!! I'll take that......thanks for the good early news Spikey.

Was expecting blue sky and sunshine for the start, sun must be waiting for us to have a bat to put in an appearance.

Tangles

Missed the last 3 hours last night and a bunch of wickets. Those 2 ducks look ugly. Clarke back to 5 asap. Good job we have Smith to save us. That and the strong tail should give us a lead.

Siddle bowled really well and stepped up. Hoping he can do the same in the second innings. Maybe he can talk to the other 2 about working the corridor when there's movement. Patto was better than Starc but both could have done more with the conditions.

Mr Glass is injured again? Can we ban him from bowling or just sack him please Boof.

The Battlers Prince

Smith and Hughes coming before Clarke and they would have been out, yet they're still there. I'm willing o give them the chance, I wish we still had Clarke but the decision was to put him at 4 and he copped a ripper from Anderson. Leave him at 4 a bit longer if there was a reason for putting him there in the first place.