• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Bah one off day with the ball, did his usual thang with the bat. I still don't see any better options out there beyond the current squad.

Tbh its just as unfair to bring up this one performance as it would be to use the 7-for for his exclusion or inclusion respectively.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bah one off day with the ball, did his usual thang with the bat. I still don't see any better options out there beyond the current squad.
As what though? Mid 20s averaging bat and conceding over a run a ball this season doesn't scream out "pick me"

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Tres out to spin again -although leg spin not off-spin as has been the custom recently. Durham with a little chance although this partnership seems to have steered Somerset out of a bit of trouble.

Yorkshire play their 15 year old but they seem to have a team of kids out today. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me to the paying public. 4 complete no names and Sayers playing in a 40 overs game.
Afaik with Plunkett he'd been injured Brooks is injured and we want to keep Patto and Siddy fit for the 4 day game, although Sayers playing surprises me.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Hales dropped for tomorrows Notts 4 day game. Andre Adams also back for Notts.

In the second division for Lancs, Reece is in the first team squad for the first time after making runs for the 2nds and his university. Kabir Ali is in the squad also for the first time. Moore and Brown are not in the squad- presumably dropped

Claydon joins Kent on loan from Durham for a month and in the squad for tomorrows game against Hampshire. Coles unavailable for Kent for personal reasons.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah at least we are finally being proactive with the players that are out of form and not giving them a free ride. I would expect that Gareth Cross should be coming under pressure soon as well, Davies has been scoring a few in the second team. Hope Reece does well, must be a while since a team had two all rounders as their openers though

theegyptian

2 forfeitures on day3 of the gloucestershire hampshire game to set up a runchase. Rarely see anything quite like that on day 3. Weather forecast doesn't look bad so they're should be a result one way or another.

theegyptian

incredible stuff by yorkshire really. plenty of injuries and players away with England and another convincing win.

wow porterfield has been complete bolloxs for Warwickshire. Durham look favourites here

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great win for Yorkshire, doubt anyone else could win a game with so many players missing.

Could do with Warwickshire winning their game now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that our batting is as brittle as its ever been I'm pleased to see that the Lanky tailenders are contributing again

grecian

Really good from Adil, looks to have come through a tricky time, and is looking very solid.

CK back for Somerset, should stiffen the batting somewhat.

theegyptian

The Harlem Globetrotters of county cricket Essex are back doing what they do best. 11-5 and that titt Hogg who I took out of my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago with 4 wickets.

fredfertang

Really good from Adil, looks to have come through a tricky time, and is looking very solid.
Particularly pleased to see him get some wickets - well worth a call in a dead rubber against a minnow imo - the Oval later this summer perhaps?

Last edited:

fredfertang

The Harlem Globetrotters of county cricket Essex are back doing what they do best. 11-5 and that titt Hogg who I took out of my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago with 4 wickets.
............ and now 15-7 - happy to see Saj get a few runs now, for old time's sake :p