• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lol, I love that. :laugh:

Shastri: "I think Virat Kohli will definitetly be in line along with Rahane. I wouldn't be surprised if they send the experienced man, Kohli, in next with Rahane at five."

Not even a suggestion of a dicussion about St Sachin's spot.
No chance of that. I doubt anyone in the team would even ask him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, I love that. :laugh:

Shastri: "I think Virat Kohli will definitetly be in line along with Rahane. I wouldn't be surprised if they send the experienced man, Kohli, in next with Rahane at five."

Not even a suggestion of a dicussion about St Sachin's spot.
Why would they Push Sachin at 3 anyway ?

Rahane will come in at 3 probably as he does for his Ranji team or at 5 and anyways changing 1 position better than changing all of them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bigger difference between 3 and 5 than 3 and 4 to my way of thinking, but whatevs.

It's no secret Sachin calls the shots (I mean we had VVS batting #3 up here when Gambhir had menstrual cramps, rather than move him), it just ****s me how there's not even a suggestion he might move when the team needs him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bigger difference between 3 and 5 than 3 and 4 to my way of thinking, but whatevs.

It's no secret Sachin calls the shots (I mean we had VVS batting #3 up here when Gambhir had menstrual cramps, rather than move him), it just ****s me how there's not even a suggestion he might move when the team needs him.
Tendulkar has never been a team player. Look at his disastrous stints as skipper. Incapable of building a team behind him.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

But Rahane is a number 3 or 4 batsman anyway.

VVS actually prefers playing there too and some of his best knocks have come from 3 too. They bat lower down the order because there are others occupying the slots above.

Sachin prefers to bat at 4 so seems logical to me that the regular number 3's move up from their adopted positions rather than move up the whole order. Anyway, at least in India and this series it is much better coming in earlier as possible, so don't think it's a case of team needs him or anything like that.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
IIRC England also Moved up Bell to 3 from 5 when Trott got injured (Or was it Cook ?) and it worked a treat.

Same thing and nobody batted many eyelids.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC England also Moved up Bell to 3 from 5 when Trott got injured (Or was it Cook ?) and it worked a treat.

Pietersen had already moved from five to four though.

Didn't KP have a short stint at three and it went about as well as Tendulkar's captaincy?

BoyBrumby

Englishman

I think we did bat more than a few, tbh.

Pietersen isn't quite held in the same esteem in Blighty as Sachin is in India.

Better batsman currently tho, but. Injury notwithstanding.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Why would sachin bat 3 when vvs is a number 3 and would have had a long career at 3 had Dravid not been there?